Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-21-2019, 05:41 PM   #1
kayo1
kayo1 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note
Quick swipe to change pages not on v2.1.2?

Hi I have a Boox Note, I recently installed the v2.1.2 update and noticed that I could no longer short swipe to change pages. This was the primary reason I really enjoyed the note because I could quickly flip through textbooks without moving my hand each time.
I know that there is still some swiping functionality but you have to long swipe your finger all the way across the screen to change a page. This wasn't the case before, as you could just swipe on any position on the screen and it would responsively change the page from even the shortest swipe. So you could quickly flip through pages with a finger on the corner of the screen without having to move your hand across the whole screen each time.

Is there any way I could enable this functionality back? Or if there is a way for me to downgrade to v2.1.1 does anyone have a link to the v2.1.1 upx update file?

Thank you
kayo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:32 PM   #2
adrians
adrians doesn't litteradrians doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
Doesn't a simple tap near the side of the page turn it? Do you actually want to swipe?
adrians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:15 PM   #3
kayo1
kayo1 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrians View Post
Doesn't a simple tap near the side of the page turn it? Do you actually want to swipe?
Swiping is essential when working with big text books as I constantly tend to go back 5-10 pages to recall information. I guess for simple reading this doesn't matter but for textbooks or math work you constantly have to keep going back and forth between pages. Swiping was the most intuitive for this.
I don't see how someone could productively work with a textbook via tapping the screen edges for each page turn.
kayo1 is offline   Reply With Quote