Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-05-2023, 12:45 PM   #106
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Best to ask in the plugin thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=264710

I'll ask a mod to move this
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 12:52 PM   #107
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Best to ask in the plugin thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=264710

I'll ask a mod to move this
Done did
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 02:31 PM   #108
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock2023 View Post
I am using EmbedComicMetadata to embed the data in calibre into the comicinfo.xml file, but the tag data is not embedded. Is there any way to embed tag?
This is now possible. If you also want to import tags from comics into calibre, you have to allow this via the options.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 02:56 PM   #109
5h4k3
5h4k3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen10th
First of all, thanks for this awesome plugin! And the recent Tags add is very cool. Thanks.

There is just a thing that looks a little weird at least for me: am I the only one who prefer to get the "Image Size" in a more usual (again, maybe it's just me) format like "1920x1080" instead of Megapixels?

I know Calibre already show this information in a certain way but it's only the size of the cover, not an average or rather the greatest number of occurrences like I can get in CR (added by a plugin in batch or added by hand). It's very useful to update collections of comics, or mangas etc with a better resolution.
In ComicRack, it's the "ScanInformation" field, and I think adding whatever string of characters who is in the field would be just fine.

If you think it can be useful and you had time to add it on occasion, I would very appreciate it.

Otherwise, I'm not familiar with coding, but trying to maybe understand the code in the plugin, it seems to me that:
"comicmetadata.py" handle the part of mapping, converting and importing metadata into Calibre,
"comicinfoxml.py" handle the creation of the XML file format like in ComicRack and
"comicbookinfo.py" handle the ZIP comment format like in ComicBookLover.

Did I guess correctly? If so, I think I have to tweak "comicmetadata.py" to achieve what i want, right?

Anyway, again, thanks for your work and your time!
5h4k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 12:03 PM   #110
Wimi_Bussard
Wimi_Bussard began at the beginning.

Device: tolino vision 4 HD
Is there a possibility, that you might add YAML support?

I have a lot of cbz archives that contain an info.yaml file instead of comicinfo.xml and the plugin doesn't seem to be able to grab the data in it.

The format structure is something like this:

Code:
Artist:
- John Doe
Description: Average life of John Doe. Very boring story.
Magazine:
- blabla
Pages: 20
Parody:
- Original Work
Publisher:
- Broke Publisher YXZ
Released: (random tag)
Tags:
- Fantasy
- Midlife Crisis
- Motor Bike
Thumbnail: 1
Title: John Doe - Life and Ruin
URL: https://www.reddit.com
Wimi_Bussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 12:19 PM   #111
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
reading comic metadata is a builtin calibre function and it only supports comicinfo.xml is there a spec for this yaml format? is it documented somewhere?

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 10-12-2023 at 12:22 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 12:24 PM   #112
Wimi_Bussard
Wimi_Bussard began at the beginning.

Device: tolino vision 4 HD
I don't think so. It seems to be a random yaml format with the structure posted above.

In my imagination I thought it should be possible to catch it as a "generic metadata" somehow. Maybe with a little bit of manual fiddling by the user to adjust it to calibre columns or custom columns.

Last edited by Wimi_Bussard; 10-12-2023 at 12:31 PM. Reason: adding information
Wimi_Bussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 12:39 AM   #113
Rock2023
Rock2023 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickloraine View Post
This is now possible. If you also want to import tags from comics into calibre, you have to allow this via the options.
Thank you very much!In addition, I would also like to ask that when I use the embedding function, the folder name in cbz will be garbled if the name is Japanese. Is there any way to solve this?
Rock2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 01:01 PM   #114
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
I leave the pack of files with Spanish translation, in case you want to incorporate it in the next update.
Excellent plugin for comics
Attached Files
File Type: py lang.py (340 Bytes, 13 views)
File Type: py es.py (5.9 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by dunhill; 02-22-2024 at 02:10 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote