Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-30-2023, 09:30 AM   #916
Csokis
Csokis began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD 32GB, Nook Simple Touch
Nvm.

Last edited by Csokis; 04-30-2023 at 09:33 AM.
Csokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 08:58 AM   #917
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Upto now I read in landscape mode using kobo_extra.css. Now I tried to use ForceAllowLandscape=true. But the Homescreen and all lists views are looking cutted.

Is there any chance to do the landscape setting to true only for reading view and keep all other view in portrait?

Otherwise I would switch from landscape to portrait by myself but there is no such icon outside the reading mode. When ForceAllowLandscape=true was introduced it was shown on the homescren (about version 4.11). Is there any setting to get the rotation icon on all views?
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:07 AM   #918
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

I started to use the Kobopatcher and manage to cleanup the homescreen. Thanks all of you for your time working on that.

Comparing with the old homepage I miss the information about the number of annotation. Is this already discussed or could there be a patch to show them again?
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2023, 12:05 PM   #919
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
I started to use the Kobopatcher and manage to cleanup the homescreen. Thanks all of you for your time working on that.

Comparing with the old homepage I miss the information about the number of annotation. Is this already discussed or could there be a patch to show them again?
I'm not a note-taker so I'm no expert but, as far as I can tell, the only place to access annotations is:
  • inside each individual book when it's open.
  • with a long-press on a book in the GUI booklist (or via the [...] icon in the booklist).

I would think that the firmware updates necessary to change this are way beyond the capabilities of a simple kobopatch. I could be wrong ...
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 10:31 AM   #920
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Upto now I read in landscape mode using kobo_extra.css. Now I tried to use ForceAllowLandscape=true. But the Homescreen and all lists views are looking cutted.

Is there any chance to do the landscape setting to true only for reading view and keep all other view in portrait?

Otherwise I would switch from landscape to portrait by myself but there is no such icon outside the reading mode. When ForceAllowLandscape=true was introduced it was shown on the homescren (about version 4.11). Is there any setting to get the rotation icon on all views?
In the patches for the 4.35 firmware, there is Allow rotation on all devices:. This will allow you to rotate to landscape when you want and back to portrait when you want.

You can find the patches at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=350805 and ask any questions there.

One note, you have to be running the 4.35 firmware to use the patches.

This is where you can download the firmware you need to use with the patches. https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-03-2023 at 10:34 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 12:49 PM   #921
Katja_hbg
Groupie

Hi Jon,
Did Jon tested it, like I did?
How does Homescreen and booklist looks to you?
Old 05-04-2023, 09:14 AM   #922
binarymelon
binarymelon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I'm just wondering if it would be possible to have a patch handle fixing the 'Unknown Author' with CBZ files. I'm currently using Kobo-UNCaGED to wirelessly sync to a calibre container on my server so I can't easily connect by USB to make use of something like Kobo Utilities, unless there's some way I can get it to work alongside the wireless device connection.
binarymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 09:20 AM   #923
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi Jon,
Did Jon tested it, like I did?
How does Homescreen and booklist looks to you?
I have not tried this patch. I have a Libra 2 that does rotating without patching.

You can just rotate to portrait when you are not reading and landscape when you are. Just be thankful you can rotate at all.
Old 05-06-2023, 04:04 AM   #924
Katja_hbg
Groupie

Quote:
For those who are interested in rotation icon on homescreen: Yesterday I setup NickeMenu to provide the rotation toggle function. It works very well.
Today I read https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=353739 unbelievable it works on my GloHD as well.
Old 05-07-2023, 10:13 AM   #925
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by binarymelon View Post
I'm just wondering if it would be possible to have a patch handle fixing the 'Unknown Author' with CBZ files. I'm currently using Kobo-UNCaGED to wirelessly sync to a calibre container on my server so I can't easily connect by USB to make use of something like Kobo Utilities, unless there's some way I can get it to work alongside the wireless device connection.
If you can tell me how it's actually stored in the CBZ (I'm not aware of a standard way to do it), I may be able to implement it in NickelSeries.

Edit: Do you mean ACBF metadata (author, sequence, etc)?

Last edited by geek1011; 05-07-2023 at 10:30 AM.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 07:43 AM   #926
binarymelon
binarymelon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
If you can tell me how it's actually stored in the CBZ (I'm not aware of a standard way to do it), I may be able to implement it in NickelSeries.

Edit: Do you mean ACBF metadata (author, sequence, etc)?
I'm not entirely sure. I assumed calibre would send the metadata similar to how it's sent with epub, but if it's stored in the container I'm honestly not sure.
binarymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 06:10 PM   #927
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by binarymelon View Post
I'm not entirely sure. I assumed calibre would send the metadata similar to how it's sent with epub, but if it's stored in the container I'm honestly not sure.
The ePub format has a standardized way of storing metadata while CBZ has multiple non-standard methods. The two common methods I've seen used were storing the metadata as a comment in the .zip container while ComicRack used a ComicInfo.xml file to store the metadata. There was also an Advanced Comic Book Format that allowed storing quite a bit of information but that never gained any traction.

There was a Embed Comic Data plugin for calibre which I haven't touched in years but which is still being updated. I played with it for some of my offspring's comic and, AFAIR, it did allow importing metadata which could then be pushed to a Kobo ereader's database.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2023, 04:42 PM   #928
AnAccountName
AnAccountName began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible for the book count next to the collection name to only show the unread books. In other words: if I have 10 books in a collection but have already read 3, then on the main Collections tab, it would only state '7 books' rather than '10 books' as it does now. I'm sorry if this is worded weird, but basically I am asking for something like how the kindle displays number of books in each collection when the Collections page is filltered for unread. Thank you!
AnAccountName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 11:14 AM   #929
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAccountName View Post
Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible for the book count next to the collection name to only show the unread books. In other words: if I have 10 books in a collection but have already read 3, then on the main Collections tab, it would only state '7 books' rather than '10 books' as it does now. I'm sorry if this is worded weird, but basically I am asking for something like how the kindle displays number of books in each collection when the Collections page is filltered for unread. Thank you!
Two workarounds for now.
  1. Delete the books you've read.
  2. Move the books you've read out of the collection.
Old 06-25-2023, 12:49 AM   #930
AnAccountName
AnAccountName began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Two workarounds for now.
  1. Delete the books you've read.
  2. Move the books you've read out of the collection.
I had considered the second one (I'm hesitant on the first since I sideload all my books and don't want to lose the annotations) but since I manage all my collections in calibre it's a bit more of a hassle, so I wanted to see if there was a possibility for a patch before editing my metadata. Thank you though!
AnAccountName is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests