Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-01-2023, 05:58 PM   #31
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
None of my five-star reads was published in 2022, but most have been published in the last few years, the oldest being from 1945:

Fiction:
Piranesi by Susanna Clarke
Boy Swallows Universe by Trent Dalton
The Pursuit of Love by Nancy Mitford

Non-fiction:
From the Edge: Australia's Lost Histories by Mark McKenna
Return to Uluru by Mark McKenna
How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
Daemon Voices by Philip Pullman
East West Street: On the Origins of Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity by Philippe Sands
Her Mother's Daughter: A Memoir by Nadia Wheatley

Four of the nine are by Australian authors (one historian appearing twice), and five of the nine are by women.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 04:27 AM   #32
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I'm currently reading the only book I have that was published in 2022. Lessons in Chemistry by Garmus. A very enjoyable read.

A few other of my favorite reads from 2022, although not published in 2022, =

Lincoln Highway by Towles
Cloud Cuckoo Land Doerr
Three Sisters by Morris (3rd in Tattooist of Auschwitz series)
The Rose Code by Quinn
In Farleigh Field by Bowen

Mostly I did a lot of series stuff in 2022.

Throne of Glass Series by Mass (8 book bundle)
Two Shannara Series by Books (Voyage of Jerle Shannara and Dark Druid)
Finished off Clan of the Cave Bear Series
I've started Robert Jordan's Series. Not sure I have the desire to plow through that.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 04:54 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Best books of 2022

delete post
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 06:02 AM   #34
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Soon, I'll be able to add another 2022 published book to the list. Today Amazon had one of my favorite authors, Geraldine Brooks, on sale today as a Deal of the Day for 1.99. She published a novel called Horse. I'll be taking it up next after Lessons in Chemistry.
Old 01-22-2023, 04:38 AM   #35
drofgnal
Wizard

Adding another 2022 book to the list. The Train to Moscow by Gorokhova. Starts a bit slow, but extremely well written. Just an excellent story.

Tags
best of, favorite books