Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-26-2017, 04:39 PM   #2056
Atherton25
Zealot
Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcomyn View Post
I'll take a look at the request.. I'm working part time right now, so I have time to look and code right now.

I'm always on the look out for more site to peruse, so any suggestions would be helpful.
GComyn
In that case there's one more of immediate interest that I've been having to do some manual downloads from. It's very very similar to wuxiaworld, but it doesn't have many stories maybe a few dozen but I figured because of how similar it is it might be a structural duplicate or close. volarenovels.com is the site.

Edit: One more that I personally visit regularly for a few stories is moonbunnycafe.com not a huge amount of novels, wuxia/xanxia translations sites never seem to with only one or two exceptions, but some good ones.

Last edited by Atherton25; 04-26-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Atherton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:00 PM   #2057
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Those are wordpress blogs, structurally not similar at all unfortunately. I doubt that implementing an adapter that works for every story on the sites will be possible, unless the author or authors paid very close attention to be consistent. The newer stories seem to be consistent, but you never know with these kind of content management systems -- older stories might be structured differently. Just a heads up to gcomyn or anyone else who is planning on taking a go at this.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2017, 10:31 PM   #2058
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@PandathePanda --
Think some gremlin corrupted my personal.ini file, removed it, and it now work
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:28 PM   #2059
Chrystalline
Enthusiast
Chrystalline began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Quote:
I've included that site in the latest test version. However, I'm strongly leaning towards removing it before the next release if it's blocked for others.
I get the email digest for this forum, and the "Forbidden" thing caught my attention. The DeanDamage website loads fine on my Firefox at work (haven't tried from home yet) but points out that it is not secured. Attempting to force secure connection gets a "Record Too Long" error.

Grabbed the test version and tried a few so I could report how it behaved for me. Downloaded without trouble, though it only gets the first author for multi-author, and it doesn't get the Rating. If I keep any of these, I'll probably need to figure out how to customize personal.ini to make the Category always Supernatural so it sorts better with my Fandom-based Categories. (I have the vague idea that at least one more site I use needs that customization, but I can't remember it right now. Something in Star Trek fandom? or Stargate fandom? I can't remember...)

It does look like the site is mostly dead, though - the Most Recent are blatant spam and the latest news is from 2009. Hope this helps.
Chrystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:00 PM   #2060
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystalline View Post
I get the email digest for this forum, and the "Forbidden" thing caught my attention. The DeanDamage website loads fine on my Firefox at work (haven't tried from home yet) but points out that it is not secured. Attempting to force secure connection gets a "Record Too Long" error.
So nobody else has seen the site come up as blocked? Just me?

(We're not trying to use https with it, so I'm not concerned about that error--but I do see it too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystalline View Post
I'll probably need to figure out how to customize personal.ini to make the Category always Supernatural so it sorts better with my Fandom-based Categories. (I have the vague idea that at least one more site I use needs that customization, but I can't remember it right now. Something in Star Trek fandom? or Stargate fandom? I can't remember...)
We do try to put categories etc like that in the defaults.ini. I'll add Supernatural to extracategories for that site and review the other recent adds.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2017, 06:06 PM   #2061
Atherton25
Zealot
Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.

@JimmXinu
Found a small bug. I tried this with a clean database (blank personal.ini) to verify before posting and it still happened. Tried it with 3 different sites, they all did it.

When the box 'New Only' under Configure FFF, Standard Columns,Author(s) is checked it doesn't change the author, but it does change Author Sort. I can't find anywhere where to change that as an option, and would assume it would be covered with Author.

One thing I have checked even in my (almost) default setting that I didn't think to check was it is set/checked to Force Author into Author Sort. I didn't think about looking if that affected it when doing my check.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:56 PM   #2062
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atherton25 View Post
One thing I have checked even in my (almost) default setting that I didn't think to check was it is set/checked to Force Author into Author Sort. I didn't think about looking if that affected it when doing my check.
On the contrary, "Force Author into Author Sort" checked is exactly what is causing what you see. Without it, author_sort is unchanged when standard column Author is checked 'New Only'. I'm glad you mentioned it, otherwise I'd not have found the problem.

I'll have a fix for this corner case (and the equivalent Force Title Sort) in the next test version.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:25 PM   #2063
Chrystalline
Enthusiast
Chrystalline began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Quote:
We do try to put categories etc like that in the defaults.ini. I'll add Supernatural to extracategories for that site and review the other recent adds.
Found it. It was Wraithbait. When I originally downloaded the stories I had, it wasn't putting Stargate Atlantis in the Categories column. Now it adds that, though it still keeps the other categories (ship pairings, character names) as well, so I may need to use the replace to force it. It'll take several lines, but that I can do. Thanks for all you do!
Chrystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:24 PM   #2064
JDesat
Connoisseur
JDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD
Not sure if this is something I did in settings (I haven't really changed anything so I doubt it) or if something has changed with the storiesonline.net website, but I just downloaded a story that had been previously downloaded with FFF fine, including pics, and the new epub has no pics, just a little box where the pic should be showing a square with a question mark in it.

I'm sure SOL isn't a major site, and very few of the stories there have pics so I doubt this will be a priority, but if you ever get time to look into it that would be great.
JDesat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:36 AM   #2065
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDesat View Post
Not sure if this is something I did in settings (I haven't really changed anything so I doubt it) or if something has changed with the storiesonline.net website, but I just downloaded a story that had been previously downloaded with FFF fine, including pics, and the new epub has no pics, just a little box where the pic should be showing a square with a question mark in it.

I'm sure SOL isn't a major site, and very few of the stories there have pics so I doubt this will be a priority, but if you ever get time to look into it that would be great.
I just did a test on a couple of illustrated stories I have. The pictures dowloaded with no problems. It's possible it is problem with a particular story, if so, I need a URL to test. PM the link to me. Or it a could have been a network issue at the time. In that case, try again and see what happens.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 09:51 AM   #2066
iakovl
Connoisseur
iakovl began at the beginning.

Device: none
quick question
i have a fanfic that was redone under same url
so there is the old V1 i have an epub with using calibre with 22 chapters
and there is the new V2 who only has 2 chapters, anyway to make then into two files and not forcing calibre to overwrite the v1?
iakovl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:52 AM   #2067
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
@iakovl
You can download V2 as a new book.
Choose "Add New Book" at "Show Download Options" - see attached.

Only Problem: You can´t update with the normal menu. It get´s the error message
"More than one identical book by Identifier URL or title/author(s)--can't tell which book to update/overwrite."
But you can manually choose V2 and use "Update existing FanFiction Books"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-04-29 (3).png
Views:	151
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	156431  

Last edited by ILB; 04-29-2017 at 10:59 AM.
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:24 AM   #2068
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILB View Post
@iakovl
You can download V2 as a new book.
Choose "Add New Book" at "Show Download Options" - see attached.

Only Problem: You can´t update with the normal menu. It get´s the error message
"More than one identical book by Identifier URL or title/author(s)--can't tell which book to update/overwrite."
But you can manually choose V2 and use "Update existing FanFiction Books"
True. But you can also remove the URL Identifier from the first version. I also change the title so if you check "Search by Title/Author" and update by email/from URL, FFF doesn't find it anymore.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:24 PM   #2069
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

New AO3 performance feature: use_view_full_work option which is true by default. One hit to get the whole story instead of one per chapter.

This version updates the included dependencies. I haven't seen any bad interactions yet.

New site: alternatehistory.com - Requires both a user account and to wait for it to be verified to even see the subforum with stories in it.

2017-04-29
- New site alternatehistory.com as a base_xenforoforum_adapter. Plus base_xenforoforum_adapter fixes.
- Add site specific extracategories to new sites.
- Fix for PI suppressauthorsort/suppresstitlesort interacting wrong with Author/Title New Only. (PI only)
- Fix CLI -f option help for text vs txt.
- Add AO3 feature use_view_full_work -- true by default.
- Update included dependency packages
- Update html5lib from 0.9x7 to 0.9x9.
- Update to BeautifulSoup 4.5.3.
- Update six.py to 1.10.0.
- Update chardet to 3.0.2.
- Update html2text to (2016, 9, 19).
- Add chardet_confidence_limit option for 'auto' encoding setting.
- Add webencodings to included_dependencies. Needed by in web service with newer html5lib.
- Don't include html5lib(and webencodings) and six in PI zip--uses calibre's versions anyway.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-29-2017 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:48 PM   #2070
Atherton25
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
Those are wordpress blogs, structurally not similar at all unfortunately. I doubt that implementing an adapter that works for every story on the sites will be possible, unless the author or authors paid very close attention to be consistent. The newer stories seem to be consistent, but you never know with these kind of content management systems -- older stories might be structured differently. Just a heads up to gcomyn or anyone else who is planning on taking a go at this.
Yeah, I was only look at the face of volarenovels, not the code. I can see the difference. I tried taking a shot at it myself but after an hour of trying to make it work I decided I'm not familiar enough with python to understand all the references and make the correct changes in an adapter to make it work. If I had something that was closer to Wordpress structure I could probably muddle my way through making one.

I know that Wordpress blog isn't supported, but without me going through every adapter to check (if I'd even be able to recognize it), do one of you that make the adapters normally know if there any specific in there that are wordpress specifically? And simple, with no hidden metadata for the author/title, like WuxiaWorld has. Something I could get a base to start from and see how to pick out the author/title/chapters from just the visible information? I am willing to give it a go, even if it's just for me and barely works.

If there isn't, that's alright, I was just curious.

Last edited by Atherton25; 04-30-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Tags
fanfiction