Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-13-2017, 08:00 PM   #1981
EmissaryOfZork
EmissaryOfZork began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Hi there. Is it possible to support this site?
https://fiction.live/stories
EmissaryOfZork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:27 PM   #1982
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmissaryOfZork View Post
Hi there. Is it possible to support this site?
https://fiction.live/stories
This is an extremely interactive site--there are reader comments and feedback sprinkled in the middle of chapters. It reminds me a bit of Addventure with this feature:
Quote:
Create multiple endings

The story's not going the way you want? Split them off into different branches and different paths. The story can end in happily... or in a tragedy. Make all your fans happy.
So while I won't say it's impossible, I will say that I'm not interested in doing it.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2017, 01:20 PM   #1983
EmissaryOfZork
EmissaryOfZork began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Understandable. Thanks for looking! Do you have any resources or guides laying around explaining how to start off incorporating a site? I didn't see anything in the FAQ, but I could have missed it.
EmissaryOfZork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:34 PM   #1984
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmissaryOfZork View Post
Understandable. Thanks for looking! Do you have any resources or guides laying around explaining how to start off incorporating a site? I didn't see anything in the FAQ, but I could have missed it.
I'm not so organized as to have a document.

There are many sites supported with varying levels of complexity, so we generally point new devs to look in an
existing adapter. That one has some additional comments to help you.

Note that in addition to creating a new fanficfare/adapters/adapter_*.py file, it needs to be imported in fanficfare/adapters/__init__.py.

GitHub pull requests are the preferred way to contribute new code.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:58 PM   #1985
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 2.10.0 - 14 Apr 2017

- Bump release version.
- Update translations.
- Remove defunct sites: restrictedsection.org, lucifael.com, onedirectionfanfiction.com, samdean.archive.nu, hpfandom.net, ficsite.com, sinful-desire.org, thehexfiles.net, portkey.org and psychfic.com.
- Fix for adapter_asianfanficscom, thanks 444555.
- Enhancements for Storiesonline and Literotica, thanks davidfor.
- Add option chapter_categories_use_all for Literotica, thanks davidfor.
- Can't skip numChapters - adapter_trekfanfictionnet
- Refactor to move fetches to Configuration class for _filelist feature
- Remove self.decode to defaults.ini, fix use_pagecache().
- Add *_filelist feature
- Add titleHTML to mirror authorHTML
- Change ncisfiction.net to ncisfiction.com - users & storyIDs *not* the same.
- Add <meta charset="UTF-8"> to html output by default.
- Add use_archived_author option for archiveofourown.org.
- Add --progressbar option for CLI.
- Change http to https for FimF - thanks baggins41
- Improve metadata caching for performance.
- Remove unnecessary line that can cause problems with abbreviated ffnet URL.
- Renamed midnightwhispers.ca domain midnightwhispers.net.
- Fix for authors and New Only.
- Fix for base_xenforoforum cached post used more than once.
- Normalize anthology URLs both from page and from epub.
- Allow https in adapter_hpfanficarchivecom
Advert
Old 04-15-2017, 10:27 AM   #1986
iakovl
Connoisseur
iakovl began at the beginning.

Device: none
new strange (and problematic) bug
FFF 2.10.0
Calibre 2.83.0

using with fimfiction... updated 3 story urls but! the end result is more than 3 fics got updated, it updated other fics of the same author making a big mess (had updated 18 fics before ending up as 200+ fic updates)
iakovl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:36 PM   #1987
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakovl View Post
new strange (and problematic) bug
FFF 2.10.0
Calibre 2.83.0

using with fimfiction... updated 3 story urls but! the end result is more than 3 fics got updated, it updated other fics of the same author making a big mess (had updated 18 fics before ending up as 200+ fic updates)
Any time the author's URL in Calibre changes, Calibre touches all of that author's books. In theory, Calibre shouldn't update if the URL is the same.

You can disable FanFicFare setting author URL on the Standard Columns config tab.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:24 AM   #1988
iakovl
Connoisseur
iakovl began at the beginning.

Device: none
thx, it worked
the question is why did it start doing it after the last update
iakovl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:02 AM   #1989
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakovl View Post
thx, it worked
the question is why did it start doing it after the last update
Hmmm. Good question.

Oh, the fimfiction.net adapter changed from using http to https for all fimfiction.net urls.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #1990
mongognom
mongognom began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Error message

So...

I installed calibre today, specifically for this plugin. And I keep getting an error message for pretty much anything I try to download.

TypeError: %d format: a number is required, not unicode
mongognom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:09 PM   #1991
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongognom View Post
So...

I installed calibre today, specifically for this plugin. And I keep getting an error message for pretty much anything I try to download.

TypeError: %d format: a number is required, not unicode
Can you run calibre in debug mode (under the calibre prefs dropdown or ctrl shift R), try it again and then post the debug log?

Also, please include at least one story URL that exhibits the problem when making any problem report.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:44 PM   #1992
mongognom

That's not happening right now. I'm having issues in general with calibre, and right now it's not downloading at all.

I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:15 PM   #1993
mongognom

Cool Error Message when trying to get into settings.

I'm pretty sure this might be my stupid computer, but when I try to go into settings for FanFicFare, I get an error message

KeyError:u'side'

calibre 2.83 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: FanFicFare (2, 10, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 155, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.__init__", line 89, in config_widget
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.config", line 221, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.config", line 1058, in __init__
KeyError: u'side'
Old 04-16-2017, 05:43 PM   #1994
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongognom View Post
I'm pretty sure this might be my stupid computer, but when I try to go into settings for FanFicFare, I get an error message

KeyError:u'side'

calibre 2.83 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: FanFicFare (2, 10, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 155, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.__init__", line 89, in config_widget
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.config", line 221, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.config", line 1058, in __init__
KeyError: u'side'
That looks like it might be a language translation issue. What language are you using?
Old 04-16-2017, 06:10 PM   #1995
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version posted

2017-04-16
- Fix for a mistaken Norwegian Bokmål translation.

Norwegian Bokmål is the only language that appears to have the problem reported ('side').

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That looks like it might be a language translation issue. What language are you using?

Tags
fanfiction