Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #61
lobotom1
Edge User

It seems Mrspaceman took the application out of Andappstore.

I hope he will have his edge repared and restart working on the app with Froyo.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #62
Filark
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
I have created my own android aptoide repository.

I use APKtor client (http://apktor.gotoinit.com/) to access it.

my repository is at http://andy.aspellclark.org.uk/AndroidAppRepo/

My apps will be put here whenever they are updated.

andy.
Did you look here? I just tried the second link, hit the link I found within that said Bibliotheca and it downloaded to my PE. Haven't installed it yet, but there it is! (I'm still on Dingo, by the way.)

Good luck!

Last edited by Filark; 04-12-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Advert
Old 04-13-2011, 06:03 AM   #63
lobotom1
Edge User

Filark,

This seems to be an old version of the application. I got a newer one from Mrspaceman before the application disapeared from Andapstore and didn't worked on my EE with Dingo.

Hope Mrspaceman will get his Edge repaired and will help us use his app on Ermine. (Normally the latest version of his application is designed to run on Ermine.)

Lobo

Old 04-13-2011, 07:04 AM   #64
Filark
Edge User

Ah! Thank you for the clarification, Lobo.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #65
lyn
Edge User

Hello,

I have a new pocket edge. i am trying to send books from calibre to it so that the books be added to pocket edge library. So far i seem to be unable to do so properly.

In my edge the directory where my library is .edge/.esi-content. i have tried with calibre the option to save to disk on my edge to add books. the file goes there but when i open my edge they do not show at all in the library.

the only way all seems to be working is by saving all on a usb stick connecting the usb stick to pocket edge & then adding content to library & this way i have to redo all the tags. Which is an awfull thing to do.

Does anyone have this device or any idea how to make things work much better.

I also tried to connect the edge to to the computer & calibre does recognize it - i can send books to main memory of the device but the books, once in the pocket edge, are not added automaticly to the edge library. (the books are put by default in download folder & stay there , i cannot browse by tags or cover). If i want to do that, i have to manualy add them & recreate all the tags. i have about 3000 books so i really need tags & browsing by cover would be good.

i have tried using the bibliotheca app available but when i install it on the pocket edge it does install but no book comes out once the bibliotheca is install.
can anyone help with this issue.... am getting realy frustrated...

Thanks,

Advert
Old 04-20-2011, 10:11 PM   #66
Filark
Edge User

Hi Lyn!

I saw your post on MobileRead. Sorry I didn't respond right away!
This is probably not the best part of the forum for this discussion, so you might not get as many responses as if you posted in the General or Help sections. However, I will do my best.

I transfer a few books at a time and keep my main Calibre library on another computer, so for me adding the books to the library (in the PE) later is no big deal. Trying to do 3000 at once -- wow. I can see it would be no fun. Mrspaceman, who I think wrote the bibliotheca program, started a thread on here a while back about that problem and his proposed solution. Added: D'oh! This is that thread. <so embarrassed!>

I'm not sure, but I think there is no way to keep the Calibre tags or to do some kind of a batch transfer of a large number of books. But it is a very good question, so I will ask in the Help section and maybe we will get a coherent response.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Last edited by Filark; 04-21-2011 at 02:56 AM.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #67
mrspaceman
Edge User

go check out the new version:

http://andappstore.com/AndroidApplic...ps/Bibliotheca

Old 05-10-2011, 11:57 PM   #68
Filark
Edge User

Woohoo! Thank you, mrspaceman!

Old 05-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #69
devseev
Edge User

I can't buy the app. - says problem with seller email address????

Old 05-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #70
mrspaceman
Edge User

I've updated the email address. hopefully it will work now

Old 05-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #71
devseev
Edge User

I was able to pay and download the app now, but it will not install. I have an EE with the library on SD card. Calibre on my desktop. Sorry if I missed instructions or hardware/software requirements somewhere.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #72
tuathane
Edge User

Problem Installing

I just purchased the app, but am unable to get it to install on my Edge running Ermine. Any suggestions?

Old 05-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #73
mrspaceman
Edge User

My edge is running ermine, so that should be okay.

Did you use the android client or a web browser to download the app?

You may have to look in your /sdcard/download directory and run the .apk file frim there.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:01 AM   #74
devseev
Edge User

Hmm, there is no apk in downloads or anywhere that I could find. The install via the store app fails. Could you please send me a copy of the apk to devseev@gmail.com since I have paid for it? I will then try to install outside the store app process. Thanks a lot. I look forward to trying this out.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:33 AM   #75
mrspaceman
Edge User

I will post the apk to you when I get home. Guess I need to remove it from andappstore until I find out why it won't install from them.