Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #46
sordie
Edge User

Thanks for all the hard work. One quick question - when a book is opened on the eink side using your application, can it be annotated, and will the annotations be saved (i.e., will they show up the next time I open the book from the application).

Thanks

Old 12-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #47
mrspaceman
Edge User

unfortunately entourage have tied annotations into their library app, so if you open a book from any other source, you cannot annotate it.

Advert
Old 12-07-2010, 01:38 PM   #48
sordie
Edge User

Wow - thanks fort the quick response. Can the book be added to the library from the application - so that an annotated version is now available in the library (perhaps with an indicator in the application showing that it was added to the library). This is not ideal, but one way to address the inability to call library APIs (which I know are non-existent).

Old 12-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #49
mrspaceman
Edge User

if you click on a book in my app, it should give you the choice of opening the book with the built in library.

that will add it to the library, and from there you can open it and then annotations should work

Old 12-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #50
sordie
Edge User

great, thanks. I'll give it a try

Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #51
mrspaceman
Edge User

I've uploaded a minor bugfix to AndAppStore.

Also, I won't be working on this for a couple of months while I develop my FillErUp app for the Blackberry Playbook.

I will still appreciate emails on feature requests and bug, but I won't be doing any work until mid to late Febuary.

andy.

(follow me on twitter to keep up with devlopments : http://twitter.com/aspellclark)

Last edited by mrspaceman; 12-18-2010 at 02:51 AM.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:24 PM   #52
pat.indie
Edge User

Thanks Andy.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:52 AM   #53
gwm1471
Edge User

Is Bibliotheca working?

This app seems to be what I am looking to use with my new enTourage EDge and it doesn't seem to be working. I have the latest version of Bibliotheca and use Calibre as well. When I open the app in the EDge, the following message appears: 'Sorry, your device (edge: 1.6) is no longer supported.' I did search the forum for an answer, but maybe I missed something. Any explanations? Thanks!

Old 02-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #54
borisb
Edge User

It sounds like mrspaceman, the author of Bibliotheca, has updated the app so it needs a newer version of Android to run. The eDGe currently runs Android 1.6. enTourage is expected to release Android 2.2 around April, at which point the app should be compatible again with the eDGe.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #55
gwm1471
Edge User

Thanks for the update! Do you think it would be wise to use an older version of Bibliotheca that is compatible with Android 1.6 or wait until April? Just wondering...

Old 02-27-2011, 12:11 AM   #56
borisb
Edge User

Try to find the previous version and it should work well enough.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #57
lobotom1
Edge User

I tried to download Biblitheca from Andappstore but I couldn't do it as when I click on "buy" the application I got an error message stating the e-mail address of the paypal account of Andy is not correct.

Hope it will be solved soon as this application seems to be a wonder

Lobo

Old 03-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #58
lobotom1
Edge User

Thanks to Andy (Mrspaceman) I could download a version of Bibliotheca working on the Edge.

For those of you using this app since a long time, can you tell me How I can connect the Edge to Calibre ??

For now I downloaded the Android SDK, added the Android Usb support and the device appear as Android when connected to the PC.
My calibre is configured with a "android tablet" but the option to send book to device are greyed.

Any Idea ?

Lobo.

EDIT: I finally connected my Edge to calibre (I forgot to mount the edge ... I like to be so stupid) unfortunately now I got the error message : "The application Bibliotheca (process uk.org.aspelllclark.bibliotheca) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again ...

Any Idea ??

Last edited by lobotom1; 03-28-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: advancement

Old 03-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #59
lobotom1
Edge User

I still haven't found my Issue while sincing my Calibre library with the Edge. (The library from the edge has been moved to a SD card with success)

THe error message : the error message : "The application Bibliotheca (process uk.org.aspelllclark.bibliotheca) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again ...
still appears.

Perhaps it is due to the fact I am using "custom columns" in Calibre. Is is still someone using Bibliotheca on this forum ???

Lobo

Old 04-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #60
Qwill
Edge User

Where did you find the app ? I went through the google-code as well as andy's webpagew and the andappstore, and I couldn't find any sign of the apk .