Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-09-2018, 09:38 AM   #121
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub.007 View Post
I just got my new Kindle Touch WiFi 4GB (serial: G000 K905 7297 0300)

I am new to Kindle, but I would like to jail brake it so I can use an SSH client. I could not find the image anywhere, can you send me a link please?
The firmware on this thread is only for the Kindle Paperwhite 3. Doesn't work on any other models.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:26 AM   #122
sirpattalot
sirpattalot began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Is this a new device, never connected to the Internet? Has been connected.
Is it a "refurbished" device? No
Is this the firmware it arrived with or has it been updated to this version? arrived with
Is it registered? Arrived with this firmware. Is registered.
Does it have ads (Special Offers)? I can't find any such settings for this. Don't see any ads either.
Does it have a pass-code protection or parental controls enabled? No
What country was it sold in? Australia
What country was it delivered to? Australia
Was the seller an on-line Amazon site or was it a third-party seller (on-line or brick&mortar)? I'm unsure, it was a gift.

A PM would be greatly appreciated for the bin file.

Thank you.
sirpattalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2018, 11:34 AM   #123
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
And what firmware version does it have on it now?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 11:42 AM   #124
rockmanvnx6
rockmanvnx6 began at the beginning.

Is this a new device, never connected to the Internet? Has been connected to the internet.
Is this the firmware it arrived with or has it been updated to this version? arrived with 5.8.9.0.1 (3175970011)
Is it registered? Yes
Does it have ads (Special Offers)? No
What country was it sold in? Australia
What country was it delivered to? Australia
Was the seller an on-line Amazon site or was it a third-party seller (on-line or brick&mortar)? Third-party seller (JBHIFI)

Please PM me the bin file. Thank you
rockmanvnx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:10 PM   #125
rockmanvnx6
rockmanvnx6 began at the beginning.

I'm at step 5, downloaded the "main-htmlviewer.tar.gz" and also inserted it into the folder alongside with /documents. After eject the usb,..etc.
I typed ";installHTML" in the search bar but nothing happened (it shows no search results).
I plugged the USB in to check if there is any "Jail broken" in /documents but there isn't.
The kindle seems to be slower noticeably.
What should i do next ?

P/s: After step 4, I installed the "update_pw3_factory_5.8.9.0.1.bin" and it had been stuck in the loading screen for a while before functioned normally. And the *.bin file just disapeared in the device's storage.

I'm using a PW3 5.8.9.0.1 (3175970011)
rockmanvnx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2018, 05:10 AM   #126
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmanvnx6 View Post
I'm at step 5, downloaded the "main-htmlviewer.tar.gz" and also inserted it into the folder alongside with /documents.
This file must be stored in the root of user visble storage, not in any folder... (like you did wirh the fw file).
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:17 AM   #127
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You horribly mis-spelled the search bar command:
;installHtml
Linux, like other Unix based computer systems is case sensitive.

If your having trouble with the directions, use these (directions, not files):
http://knetconnect.com/koa2/KOA2_Jailbreak.xhtml
The jail break procedure is the same, but of course you must use the various files mentioned in the first post of this thread, the files for you PW3.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:43 PM   #128
GTX14
GTX14 began at the beginning.

Is this a new device, never connected to the Internet? Yes, out of the box
Is this the firmware it arrived with or has it been updated to this version? Original fw it arrived with > 5.8.11 (3243010037)
Is it registered? No
Does it have ads (Special Offers)? Yes but pw3 has not been activated
What country was it sold in? US
What country was it delivered to? US
Was the seller an on-line Amazon site or was it a third-party seller (on-line or brick&mortar)? Amazon US

Could you please PM me the bin file. Thank you!
GTX14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:11 PM   #129
knc1
Going Viral

Does not work for your firmware version.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:48 PM   #130
GTX14
GTX14 began at the beginning.

Understood and thank you for responding!!

Is there something else to try with another factory fw version? I would be happy to try it and return it for full refund if bricked
GTX14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:00 AM   #131
newpain01
newpain01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PaperWhite 3
Hey guys,
I just got my new Kindle Touch PaperWhite WiFi (serial: G090G1, firmware 5.9.2.0.1)

I read the wiki page, but it only mentioned 5.8.x versions, not 5.9.
Can anyone tell me if I can jailbreak this device or not?
I would like to add the KOReader for better PDF reading, better collection manager and ePub reader.

Thanks
newpain01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:39 AM   #132
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by newpain01 View Post
Hey guys,
I just got my new Kindle Touch PaperWhite WiFi (serial: G090G1, firmware 5.9.2.0.1)

I read the wiki page, but it only mentioned 5.8.x versions, not 5.9.
Can anyone tell me if I can jailbreak this device or not?
I would like to add the KOReader for better PDF reading, better collection manager and ePub reader.

Thanks
You can try using factory firmware update_pw3_factory_5.8.9.0.1.bin and with some risk of bricking.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #133
knc1
Going Viral

Probably not, but see post above.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:08 PM   #134
newpain01
newpain01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PaperWhite 3
Thanks for the answers.
Any suggestions for improving the collections without jailbreaking?
newpain01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:14 AM   #135
knc1
Going Viral

Not likely, depending on what you mean by: "improving" (improvement).
Give us some idea of what you had in mind when you wrote that.