Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 09:37 AM   #31
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
If it's like the Internet station, that's $.99 per month, not per song.
Oops, you're right. I totally misread it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #32
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asjogren View Post
Interactive nature guides like iBird Pro and Audubon Birds. Flowers, fish, mammals, trees, butterflies, etc.
I would love something like this.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 12:36 PM   #33
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I love the Pandora app, except I just found out it has two subscription plans: paid= $36/year and free= 40 hours listening, then $0.99 for the rest of the month. I'll easily reach the free limit on the Color; and without flash, I have no other listening options (Last.fm, AOL Radio, BBC Radio, NPR, etc).

Dang, I don't like the idea of being nickeled and dimed to death on the internet. Android 2.2 can't get here soon enough for me.

I need flash!!!
yeah I too love the Pandora app, used it while doing some bill paying and some book keeping. hooked up my little bookshelf speakers to my Nook color.

I have the Roku box on my Christmas list and that comes with the Pandora app preloaded, which will be great with my home theater.

I too thought it was totally free, but I guess $1 a month isn't breaking the bank.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:57 PM   #34
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
I too thought it was totally free, but I guess $1 a month isn't breaking the bank.
It's highway robbery for those who think that money would be best spent on an iPad not this NOOKcolor wannabe.

I'm sure some will list this as a "con" in their review.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If it was just that, but it isn't. With more and more websites starting to charge, it doesn't take long to hit several hundred dollars a year. Add those charges to your cable and internet bills and we're talking some serious change.

I'm about to sever my TV and rely on the net for all my video needs. There's more than enough free content out there to satisfy my needs. In the meantime, I'll use Last.fm to stream music when I'm near my PCs and reserve Pandora for my NC.
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 01:07 PM   #36
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
It's highway robbery for those who think that money would be best spent on an iPad not this NOOKcolor wannabe.

LOL yup.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:09 PM   #37
boswd
Banned

Quote:
If it was just that, but it isn't. With more and more websites starting to charge, it doesn't take long to hit several hundred dollars a year. Add those charges to your cable and internet bills and we're talking some serious change.

I'm about to sever my TV and rely on the net for all my video needs. There's more than enough free content out there to satisfy my needs. In the meantime, I'll use Last.fm to stream music when I'm near my PCs and reserve Pandora for my NC.
I'm going to see how this Roku goes over, it's supposed to get Hulu + as well , so I'll have Amazon On Demand, syncs with my Netflix account, and if that's the case then I just may cut the cable cord myself, I can get all my sports Over The Air in HD.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:09 PM   #38
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm about to sever my TV and rely on the net for all my video needs. There's more than enough free content out there to satisfy my needs...
I'm with you on that. Unfortunately, others in my household haven't reached this stage.

... To be single and carefree again!
Old 11-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #39
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:

As soon as flash arrives, I'll switch to Last.fm and cut back on Pandora.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:13 PM   #40
boswd
Banned

Quote:
I'm with you on that. Unfortunately, others in my household haven't reached this stage.

run this by him and see if he might soften up abit.

http://www.roku.com/
Old 11-24-2010, 01:16 PM   #41
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
As soon as flash arrives, I'll switch to Last.fm and cut back on Pandora.
I wasn't being critical of you. Just critical of the critics who don't own the device.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #42
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I'm going to see how this Roku goes over, it's supposed to get Hulu + as well , so I'll have Amazon On Demand, syncs with my Netflix account, and if that's the case then I just may cut the cable cord myself, I can get all my sports Over The Air in HD.
Which Roku are you getting?

So far, I'm more impressed with free Hulu than I am with Hulu Plus. And Netflix doesn't have enough content to make it worthwhile.

Lucky for me that I can do without sports.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #43
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Sell your family and use the money for a Netflix account.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:20 PM   #44
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
run this by him and see if he might soften up abit.

http://www.roku.com/
I can definitely shape and mold him with this.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:23 PM   #45
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Sell your family and use the money for a Netflix account.

Hmmm...I would never have to contemplate the purchase of another gadget!