Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-19-2017, 11:16 PM   #1
archie archibald
archie archibald began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Images in Ebook-viewer

I am sorry if this is a duplicate question. I came here quickly to ask this question as I find this problem I am having annoying. Not the end of the world but still annoying. Here goes. I am using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I just installed Calibre 2.85.1. I am currently reading a epub document which has pictures in it. Before, when I would click on one of these images, the picture would be opened in my desktop's default image-viewer, which was cool. Now, I don't know what I clicked, it has started opening in my default browser. No images displays. I just see the title tab saying "calibre-internal.invalid". I searched online but I could find nothing that addressed this. Do you know what went wrong?
archie archibald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
2.85.1 is ancient. I have no memory of what might be the case there. I vaguely recall that sometime in the 2.x series there were changes to how the viewer works internally for security reasons, the calibre.invalid address comes from that.

I suggest you install up to date versions of calibre from https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux

And note that you can right click on any image and select View image to view the image in a popup window. Even works with svg images.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:39 AM   #3
archie archibald
archie archibald began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
2.85.1 is ancient. I have no memory of what might be the case there. I vaguely recall that sometime in the 2.x series there were changes to how the viewer works internally for security reasons, the calibre.invalid address comes from that.

I suggest you install up to date versions of calibre from https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux

And note that you can right click on any image and select View image to view the image in a popup window. Even works with svg images.
I know about the right click option. I was just wondering if there was a way to bring it back to how it had originally worked: left click and it opens the image in the desktop's default image viewer.

I have tried to install the date version, believe you me, but to no avail. The terminal just gets stuck at:
Code:
2017-11-20 09:35:26 URL:https://download.calibre-ebook.com/linux-installer.py [27407/27407] -> "-" [1]
And after about a minute of waiting, I usually Ctrl + C to stop it.
archie archibald is offline   Reply With Quote