Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-23-2010, 11:51 PM   #76
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
It looks like the Indianapolis-Marion Co. library has 6056 books in ePub format. (Per this link - http://goo.gl/OOoD
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:56 PM   #77
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Duh! Thank you!

There was nothing in the library website to let me do it, or tell me how, but I didn't think to go to ADE.
I think some libraries are set up so that you can return a book from the "My Items Out" Overdrive list via the library website itself. I can only click the return option from the Adobe thumbnail.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2010, 02:15 AM   #78
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
It looks like the Indianapolis-Marion Co. library has 6056 books in ePub format. (Per this link - http://goo.gl/OOoD

Excellent. Thank you.

I'll add IMPCL to the list during the next update probably the first week in November.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #79
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
And this link is? The full link please. Not some hidden link.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #80
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And this link is? The full link please. Not some hidden link.
Try this one:

http://ecollection.imcpl.org/0C27A4D...rchID=35011074
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #81
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Seattle seems to batch add mid-month. Right now the total shows as 18,459* (Epub and PDF combined). I went through the October additions to add titles to my wishlist (as well as Hold a couple), and there were no PDF's at all that I can recall.

* I tried the internal fiction vs. nonfiction numbers, but they don't add up right. From my many perusals of titles, and knowing the staff, I suspect they try to keep it fairly well balanced between the two.

Overdrive doesn't seem to like giving direct links, so here's the cut n paste:

Adobe PDF eBook and Adobe EPUB eBook

Search results: Showing 1 - 10 of 18459 < Previous | Next >
Sort by: title | creator | release date | most popular | date added to site

Last edited by SeaBookGuy; 10-24-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:10 AM   #82
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Hoorah, North Yorkshire's eBook library has just gone live here in the UK. There are 1042 eBooks there on launch, along with 244 audiobooks. Looks like a great selection, with plenty that I want to read.

Restricted to local library members only.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #83
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840
Hillingdon (west of London, UK) = 0.

I emailed them around this time last year and asked what plans, if any, they had to start ebooks. They replied they had no plans at all, but would I like to borrow an audiobook? I politely declined.

Judging from the comments on this thread UK libraries are way, way behind the game.
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #84
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
The Mississauga library (a suburb of Toronto) now has Overdrive, with 522 epub and PDF titles.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:45 AM   #85
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Updated for November.

There are many libraries hitting the 4000+ mark so to keep the list manageable I only put the top 20. I'm afraid that San Francisco, Buffalo and Las Vegas came off.

New York hasnt increased their collection very much recently. That may mean they arent adding the latest bestsellers. A reminder that numbers can be deceiving.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #86
Illinifan
Connoisseur
Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4, iPhone 4, iPod touch, Sony PRS 300
I would think that the Ohio ebook Project would have to be close to making the list. Add in the fact that you can also access the Southeast Ohio (SEO) Library Consortium if you have a State Library of Ohio card which is available to all Ohio residents. You can apply for one of their cards online at Ohio Resident Form.

I am fortunate to live in the Dayton Metro area and have access to both the Dayton Metro library elibrary and the Digital Downloads collection which is sponsored by a consortium that my local library is a member of.

So I have 3 library card numbers memorized and can access 4 different, but overlapping, Overdrive collections. It's not perfect, but it seems I am much better off than others.
Illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #87
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
My library system: Pierce County, Washington state. NF ebooks 1259; Fiction Ebooks 2587 and counting.

Last edited by beespeckled; 12-03-2010 at 04:11 PM. Reason: extra character after smiley
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:49 AM   #88
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
The Sno-Isle system in Washington state ( http://overdrive-audio-books.sno-isle.org ) has only been carrying ebooks for a short time (maybe 6 months), but they're building their collection up extremely quickly - as of today 4,475 ePUB and 2,056 PDF. I know there is some overlap and I haven't figured out a way to get exact numbers, but the best estimate I can come up with is that about 20% of the PDF titles are also available in ePUB. If you deduct that 20% from the PDF number, the total is still approximately 6,100 unique titles.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:18 AM   #89
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
The Sno-Isle system in Washington state ( http://overdrive-audio-books.sno-isle.org ) has only been carrying ebooks for a short time (maybe 6 months), but they're building their collection up extremely quickly - as of today 4,475 ePUB and 2,056 PDF. I know there is some overlap and I haven't figured out a way to get exact numbers, but the best estimate I can come up with is that about 20% of the PDF titles are also available in ePUB. If you deduct that 20% from the PDF number, the total is still approximately 6,100 unique titles.
Thanks for the info on Sno-Isle. If you hit ebooks "view all" it shows 6143 titles available. That's enough to make the list when I next update in a few days.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:05 PM   #90
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?

Seattle shows 19,334 for Epub + PDF (but not mobi-only) - although we should be having another batch come through any day now. Usually, if there's both formats available, they're combined as a single title, with separate sub-options, so that number should reflect discrete items without overlap.

I cannot get the actual link to display, sorry!

Last edited by SeaBookGuy; 12-05-2010 at 02:08 PM.