Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-17-2010, 06:10 AM   #1
MartinParish
Author of 2184
MartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
New SciFi: 2184

Hi everyone,

I'm new to MobileReads(and to the Kindle, for that matter) but excited about both, especially now that I have my own book out. My new sci-fi novel, 2184, is now available for the Kindle in e-reader format. It's about the next stage of human evolution - a future where genetic enhancement splits the human race in two.

From the product description at KindleStore:

In a future where science has accelerated human evolution, humankind diverges into two separate species: a genetically enhanced "super race" and ordinary humans or Mongrels. Decades of discrimination lead to a brutal war that ends with the super race in full control; the Mongrels, defeated and subservient, secretly yearn for revenge. Both sides are aware, however, that a renewed struggle can ultimately have only one outcome: extinction.

Mark Henshaw is a Mongrel living in London. Arrested for an infraction, he's deported to a labor camp, where a dying inmate entrusts him with details of a plot to topple the regime. Now Mark has a choice: keep his life and rejoin the girl he loves – or carry out a plot that could ignite a hellish new war. And with rumors spreading that the government is planning genocide against the Mongrel population, he's running out of time to make up his mind...

If you like sci-fi, this might be for you...feel free to check it out and see what you think!

Kindle Link
Sony Reader Link
Smashwords Link

Thanks,
Martin Parish

Last edited by MartinParish; 07-19-2010 at 05:44 PM.
MartinParish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Very nice! (Should have included a link to it!)

FYI, there are a lot of people on this site who read on platforms besides the Kindle. You might want to consider uploading your book to other sites, for instance Smashwords, which can convert your book to other formats and get it in more hands.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #3
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
I second Steve Jordan, should have included a Kindle link; also, please do investigate distribution through Smashwords for alternate formats.

I for one will be checking it out on Amazon.

Also, as a newcomer to Mobileread (and welcome!) feel free to check out "The Shameless Promotion and Endless Plug-Your-Novel Thread" in the Deals, Freebies & Resources forum!
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
MartinParish
Author of 2184
MartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-books

Good point about the link - sorry about that... I've included a link with this post.

Thanks,
MP
Old 04-18-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
sounds a bit like a book I read many years ago ..called 2066 it's about society spilt into two groups a new breed of human called Newman (yea yea .. Normans and 1066)
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:36 AM   #6
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
ooops... double post... sorry..

Last edited by lene1949; 04-18-2010 at 04:48 AM.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:38 AM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinParish View Post
Good point about the link - sorry about that... I've included a link with this post.

Thanks,
MP
PLEASE look into smashwords... Apart from the obvious more formats, it will also be $2 cheaper for anyone outside of the US... Amazon charges $2 per download, and none of those monies will go to you...
Old 04-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #8
MartinParish
Author of 2184

My apologies, didn't realize that about the $2 abroad download charge...but yes, I'll definitely look into publishing it on Smashwords as well
Thanks,
MP
Old 04-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #9
MartinParish
Author of 2184

And after a little more research here, I've now uploaded the book to Smashwords as well. For those of you who were interested, it's at this link.

Thanks,
MP
Old 04-25-2010, 03:06 AM   #10
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Martin, and thank you for publishing your book on smashwords. It makes it easier for those of us without Kindles (and those out of the USA with Kindles) to purchase your book.

It would be helpful for members (plus easier to quickly jump to your book) if you edited your first post to put in both links to your books.

Enjoy the forums.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #11
MartinParish
Author of 2184

Good point, and thanks - I've appended links to both versions below.

Kindle version, 2184

Smashwords version, 2184
Old 05-01-2010, 02:24 AM   #12
lene1949
Wizard

Quote:
Good point, and thanks - I've appended links to both versions below.

Kindle version, 2184

Smashwords version, 2184
Thank you for publishing on Smashwords... Unfortunately I have been buying too many 'free' kindle books this month, but I've put your book in my basket to buy...
Old 07-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #13
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Martin, first congrats on getting your book out. I started reading this yesterday, stayed up till about 3am reading and finished it this morning. It's a good read, and not your typical sci-fi story. In fact it's dark, and spare, with an ending that makes you think and wasn't what I hoped for, but sort of what I was expecting.

Heartily recommended.

Last edited by carld; 07-13-2010 at 02:47 PM.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #14
MartinParish
Author of 2184

I don't think there are too many Sony Reader customers here at MR...but for any of you that own a Sony Reader, 2184 is now available in that format as well at the following link:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/mar...00000000241063
Old 07-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #15
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
I don't think there are too many Sony Reader customers here at MR...but for any of you that own a Sony Reader, 2184 is now available in that format as well at the following link:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/mar...00000000241063
I don't use my Sony anymore, but I prefer to buy my books there if they are competitively priced. Their epubs are much nicer formatted than the ones at Smashwords.

Your books sounds interesting and $1.99 is certainly a deal. I just picked it up at Sony. A quick glance at in Calibre appears that Sony unfortunately used a Smashword epub with no TOC as the source file. Oh well.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote