Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Snuffi
Addict
Snuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Pro 612, Bookeen Cybook Gen3
RSS replacement for 612?

Hi everyone!

What I'm trying to achieve is to download rss articles onto the device in the morning (without having to turn on my computer) so I can read them on the way to work (offline).

So far I have tried the built in rss reader which is very hard to use: very clumsy interface and the resulting html pages are mostly badly formatted/hard to read. It also seems to fetch only headlines for articles which contain links to full articles.

I tried review's scripts from the German forum which work exceedingly well (including TOC with links to articles), only problem is there is a script for every feed and I wasn't able to adapt it to another rss feed myself.

I tried newstoebook.com. I used a Google Reader Account and the resulting epub is nicely formatted, also with TOC and links to articles. Only problem here is that i haven't been able to use this service directly from the PB612. I could open the site and even enter login data for Google Reader account (not really a quick way in the morning but best I could come up with so far) but it would not download the epub-file (nothing happened).
On the PC there was a forward to the page where the file download took place, this seems to be the point where the PB612 fails: it stays on the same page where I press the button to produce the epub.

Someone have any idea how to get the job done? newstoebook has an interesting feature btw: it can "expand" articles where there are only headlines in the rss feed plus a link to the full article.

Thanks in advance for any input...
Snuffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:09 AM   #2
PD321
PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.PD321 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: PocketBook 602
Try use RSS reader from pocked book 602 FW 2.0.4 (not from 2.0.5, 2.0.6 or 2.1.2!). It is easy to use and you can read offline.
PD321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert