Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
Qwill
Edge User

Is there a way to update Ermine's apps ? (Like the camera)

Hi there,
There is a HUGE difference between the Froyo apps we have in the Edge and the "regular" Froyo distribution.
Lots of settings are not available, for instance the camera application does not allow to set the pictures size, the zoom, the focus etc.

I understand that there was some mods to get the application inteact with both side of the Edge, but many apps are "tablet only" (Like the Camera one !)

I wonder if there is any way to "update" these non-e-ink related apps...
any ideas ?

Old 05-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
Cloud M.D.
Edge User

Maybe just install it? And if it wouldn't work - de-instal with something like 'Quick Uninstaller'?

Advert
Old 05-28-2011, 05:32 AM   #3
Cloud M.D.
Edge User

UPD! This way it not works at all.
Today i've tested:

Camera 360
Camera 3D
Camera Advance
Camera Pro
CameraX
Camera ZOOM FX
eCamera
Fast Burst Camera
LG camera
MIUI Camera Beta
Pro hdr camera
PRO Paint Camera / PRO Zoom Camera 5X
Pudding Camera
Snap Photo Pro

Noone works proper good.

Here is the FROYO 2.2 Original camera *.apk
Since this is a system app, it cannot be installed using the Package Installer. Camera.apk must replace /system/app/Camera.apk.
You can use ADB to push it ("adb push Camera.apk /system/app/Camera.apk"); or copy Camera.apk to your SD card, then use a program like Root Explorer to move it to "/system/app/"

UPD! F*CK. And this way is also doesn't work - update with new camera just don't switch it.

Last edited by Cloud M.D.; 05-28-2011 at 06:00 AM.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:00 PM   #4
kennyminot
Edge User

The camera app

If you really wanted to update the camera application, I suspect there is a good chance you could just install the version from the Froyo build. You might have to fiddle around for awhile to get it to work. But here's the question: do you really want to waste all that time? The camera on this thing is pretty terrible. It would probably be useful for video chat, but I've had trouble getting Skype to work.

You can actually get most of the gapps to work. If you're interested in Gmail, Android Market, and so forth, you can find instructions on this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1091658

Old 05-30-2011, 02:02 AM   #5
Cloud M.D.
Edge User

kennyminot, look upwards ^___^ Thus way it will not work.

Advert