Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #16
Anke Wehner
Addict
Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Anke Wehner can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PRS-650
Given that the first thing I did on mobileread was download 60 books by an author I used to read as a kid, just in case, I think I get the whole "download what even just looks vaguely interesting if it's free" mindset...

And, related to what mr ploppy said, I'd be more likely to pay after reading, if I liked the book, than pay for a book by an untried-by-me author up front.
Anke Wehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:30 PM   #17
Nada y Nadie
Enthusiast
Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Nada y Nadie is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alm Hlgh View Post
Ditto, and I will add that if you are using Smashwords and decide to change the price of the book later; know that you will be in for the fight of your life to get the eBook pricing changed at all of SW distributors (Kobo, Diesel, Sony, etc.). I write this from experience. After over three months of sending emails to SW about updating the pricing of my ebooks, there are still some books that are priced at old rates.
I've heard of this happening. The best way to get around it is to set the price at the higher rate and offer coupons for a limited time. But the coupons are only good at Smashwords.
Nada y Nadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
distribution, free, pricing