Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 09-10-2008, 07:00 AM   #16
rickp
rickp began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
And as stated earlier in this thread, aparently they showd MOBI support at IFA.
You won't be disappointed

Rick
rickp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #17
Eagleeye
Fanatic
Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: BeBook, Pocketbook 360°; Kindle 3G
Sorry, but I can't confirm this
I got my BeBook yesterday, and it didn't support *.Mobi or *.prc (but the BeBook at the IFA did ...)

I've just checked: I had installed Firmware 1.26 ... so I have updated to 1.27, which is able to display *.lit - but not one of the desired *.mobi or *.prc ...

Last edited by Eagleeye; 09-10-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Eagleeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #18
rickp

It will do. The software is in beta and due out any time now. The beta works well - mobi support works, page turning is fast.

It doesn't solve the problem I have with large LIT files though I'd rather have the mobi support now than wait for the fix for LIT files.

Rick
Old 09-11-2008, 01:27 AM   #19
Eagleeye
Fanatic
Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp View Post
It will do. The software is in beta and due out any time now. The beta works well - mobi support works, page turning is fast.

It doesn't solve the problem I have with large LIT files though I'd rather have the mobi support now than wait for the fix for LIT files.

Rick
Do you speak about a firmware-upgrade by HanLin/Endless Ideas BV - or about the 6.2 beta of mobipocket-reader? If 1st: where can I find it?
Old 09-11-2008, 04:39 AM   #20
rickp

I'm talking about a firmware update for the BeBook - not generally available yet, but is imminent as I said.

Rick
Advert
Old 09-11-2008, 05:38 AM   #21
Eagleeye
Fanatic

And would it be possible for you, to share it with us? Or - would it be possible for you to tell us, when it will be final and officially published, at least?
Old 09-15-2008, 04:57 PM   #22
hlombard
hlombard began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
I tried the Mobi Desktop application.

It works great to push Mobi files to my BeBook.

But V3 Hanlin (BeBook) cannot open Mobi files (yet) ?
hlombard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:50 PM   #23
raymie67
raymie67 began at the beginning.

Device: BEBOOK
I can tell you that the firmware should have been out a while ago, I got a copy from bebook of 1.27 with mobi support around 4-6 weeks ago, seemed to work very well but I only tried it briefly and onlyl on some files they provided.

As I undetstand it they were waiting for some final customisation work from the authors.
raymie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:09 AM   #24
hpkeong
Heavy eBook User
hpkeong began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V8, V3, Fujitsu Tablet PC, EEE PC
Hanlin V3 will support Mobipocket around October. Do visit Hanlin website to download the update!. Actually, from my study, V3 supports many format, including WinRAR, WinZIP, Chm, and the best is still WOL (original format) which can group files like html and txt into a WOL eBook!
hpkeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:11 AM   #25
hpkeong
Heavy eBook User
hpkeong began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V8, V3, Fujitsu Tablet PC, EEE PC
Hanlin V3 will support Mobipocket around October. Visit Hanlin website and download for the update then!
hpkeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:14 AM   #26
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpkeong View Post
Hanlin V3 will support Mobipocket around October. Do visit Hanlin website to download the update!. Actually, from my study, V3 supports many format, including WinRAR, WinZIP, Chm, and the best is still WOL (original format) which can group files like html and txt into a WOL eBook!
Yes, we are aware of the fact that Hanlin V3 (and the rebrands like BeBook, LBook etc) is supporting a number of different formats.

But as they have started to show ads here on MobileRead for instance, stating that it is supporting it now, and Bebook claiming that all new Bebooks are shipped with Mobi support, it's kind of frustrating that they do NOT release the update to their website so that we who already have purchased and recieved our readers can't upgrade to mobi-support, especially consifering the fact that .mobi is what seems to be the widest used "true" e-book format for "independent" e-book stores.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:24 PM   #27
raymie67
raymie67 began at the beginning.

Device: BEBOOK
update is released now
raymie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #28
Eagleeye
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymie67 View Post
update is released now
And it works perfectly
Old 09-20-2008, 04:53 AM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Does it support dictionary lookup?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:58 AM   #30
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleeye View Post
And it works perfectly
I disagree with you. Yes, comparing to other Hanlin reading modules (such as html, doc, chm), MobiPocket looks much better. But still there are some very annoying things. For example:
1) Fonts - clearly looks like "staircase". I don't know, why, but even when I turn off font antialliasing in FB2/TXT, fonts looks far better.
2) No landscape mode. Really strange.
3) Bookmarks don't work.
4) Where is TOC on button 7? Yes, it is available via "Links navigation", but I suspect to see it on special button.
5) The possibility to change font face. Agree, cool. But why I cannot see my fonts, places on SD card in the fonts folder?
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote