Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-02-2020, 01:53 AM   #1
stan999
stan999 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Author & Author sort HELP

I set the Author column to reflect the Author_sort setting. The Author_sort was set to comma "fn ln -> ln, fn". How can I reverse this process so the Author column goes back to first name last name? I tried to use the tweak command to invert however it will not invert correctly a first name - middle name - last name and it still shows commas. I tried noncomma tweak and although it inverts first name and last name the middle name is again wrong (at least no more commas). Does anyone have a tip on how to fix this? I'm sure there has to be a regex where it can simply switch what's in between commas and then remove that comma? thanks in advance.
stan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 05:38 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Quality Check plugin has some options for 'fixing up' Author Names ==>> Index of plugins

The Manage Authors feature also has a couple of features that might help, Recalculate all author sort values and Copy all author sort values to author. Right click an Author name in Book Details or Tag Browser to get at Manage Authors.

Suggestion: you might want to backup your library before using these tools just in case they make it worse.

Tip: Settle on some 'rules' and make sure you apply them immediately after books are added to a library. Some of us add new books to an Intake library and make all metadata adjustments there before moving the new book(s) to the Destination library.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:32 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
ABSOLUTELY do that backup. Things can get UGLY if you do things wrong.

As to Quality check plugin

First do the Check for the Wrong way authors because this PI's FIX works upon SELECTED books only
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author sort, authors, authors name