Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Epub/Overdrive support for the PRS-500?

In all the coverage so far, I don't see anything that addresses the update path for PRS-500 owners, or whether ePub or Overdrive library access will be supported on the PRS-500. But I'm doing a lot of skimming, so might have missed something.

So... has anyone found information on this yet? (Please add to this thread if you see something!)
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Bob, I can only tell you that I've looked for this and haven't found a word about it anywhere.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Bob, I can only tell you that I've looked for this and haven't found a word about it anywhere.
Bummer. Maybe something will leak from private interviews or other sources. If not, at least this information is coming eventually from Sony. Probably with news of the update path by end of the year.

But I'm hoping someone will find something sooner. Of course, I'm also assuming that the Sony Reader team already knows their plans for the PRS-500...
Old 08-25-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
The only "new" non-info we have is this.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict

Thanks igorsk! Not an answer yet, of course, but a pretty good indication of as much as we can know for now and where it stands.

Here it is for reference, but hopefully there will be updates on the blog, maybe even as more comments, before they have a final announcement to Sony "500" email list subscribers.
Quote:
* 8/17/2009
* By Valerie Motis

Thanks for your questions. Right now we are determining the best (and easiest for Reader owners) way to implement the update. We'll keep you updated on the blog as we get closer to the changeover time. In the meantime, feel free to email feedback AT ebookstore.sony.com with "500" in the subject line and we'll send you a notification as soon as the solution is available.

Last edited by Bob Russell; 08-25-2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Didn't want to contribute to their spam, so used an "AT" substitution.
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 06:11 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Did our intrepid MR rep ask about the 500? if not, fire him.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:54 AM   #7
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did our intrepid MR rep ask about the 500? if not, fire him.
Right now I'm in my PRS-500 Sony Reader role, not reporter/investigator. But yay to igorsk, who is right on top of things as always!
Old 08-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #8
jckatz
Connoisseur
jckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litter

Device: SONY PSR-500
I owned a 505 before it was overdrive enabled, and it broke, quickly lasted about week. I even got a return label printed for it and never mailed it (IDIOT).

So I purchased a 500 on eBay cheap. So sony since I've owned two 500's and one 505 PLEASE enable ePub on the 500 soon.... Because my 4th Ebook Reader might not be Sony...
jckatz is offline   Reply With Quote