Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Lightbulb PRS600 firmware in PRS700? How likely is this?

Hi everybody

I was wondering, given that the 600 seems to be a revamped 700 and the fact that we already have firmware upgrades for both (I believe I read something about a firmware that someone used to flash a clock into the 700); is it possible to work out how to add the freehand and dictionary feature from that to the 700?

I know, I know, I might as well be day dreaming but maybe it's possible...

Thoughts anybody?
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
Who are you?
Groupie
Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 505
The updated firmware for the 600 is only partial, it does not update all of the firmware, it does not include the dictionaries, so if you want to transfer those they would have to be ripped directly from a 600. Also the firmware for the 600 is encrypted, and the firmware updater software does not seem to decrypt it before sending it to the device, so getting a decrypted firmware to analyze and modify might be a problem.
Who are you? is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert