Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-27-2014, 10:00 AM   #1
hipercol
hipercol began at the beginning.

Device: pw1, aura hd
Goodreads, sharing on PW1 & Calibre (yet again)

I have a PW1 kindle and mostly use Calible to manage it's contents. Most of my books are sideloaded (DRM'd) files.
Lately I seemed to be unable to add new sideloaded books to Goodreads, trough the kindle. Before, I could start reading a book and while in it, call the upper menu, touch the "g" and kindle/gr would ask about it: add to a shelf, modify reading status, etc. Now I'm unable to do it anymore. At most, the kindle will try to connect to goodreads and fail with an error asking me to tap again. This second time, I log in no problem but its just a plain login, just as if it was made from the homescreen and not like it was to be when from a book itself.

I have also legit bought books from amazon (and also free ones) and this does not happen. if I tap "g" within a book, i'm taken to my GR account and that book details specifically.

I've tried to convert to different file formats (with calibre), messed around with the "enable sharing" option and no good. Yeah, sharing is also gone, be it tweeter of facebook or even amazon/GR. I don't mind loosing between devices sync since I only use kindle, but ihghlight sharing is another thing I'm missing... Addind the book manually to GR is a minor annoyance, but no sharing is a downer

I use win xp and calibre 2.0 (cant go further, not supported anymore).
Sorry if its been covered elsewhere but I could find any.
hipercol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Try:
  • Make sure you have the asin identifier downloaded, or Download Metadata from Amazon.
  • Install the Quality Check plugin.
  • Use the Quality Check option Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire while all problem books are selected..
  • Resend the book.

This should make the Kindle think the books are from Amazon's servers. Assuming the asin embedded by QC is the right one, it should integrate properly with Goodreads.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert