bob5146 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Thanks
bob5146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #18
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob5146 View Post
[Thanks for your input< you go to bed and hope to catch you in the morning
You're welcome. I hope that more of the KOBO owners check in to help.

You can check this also --> The Ultimate Kobo Tips & Tricks Thread
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:04 AM   #19
artificial
Groupie
artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
how do I convert them
There is a thread here on mobileread where a number of options for PDF > ePub conversion are suggested:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32185

But be warned, PDF is the worst format for converting from.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #20
terifili
Enthusiast
terifili doesn't litterterifili doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
calibre
terifili is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 08:29 AM   #21
bob5146
Enthusiast

Thanks but I think I am getting a bit out of my depth here , if i down load a book using epub will it go to :MY book folder in my KObo?? Cheers Guys
Old 06-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #22
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Hi Everyone, Iam not computer litrate and I just purchased a KOBO reader, I am havin g bib problems dounloading a book, I have got the book in ADE, Where do I go from there , in laymans tearms,?
Thanks anne perth west aussie
hi Bob,

Can you provide a bit more background? Where did you buy the book? Does the retailer have an option of downloading the ePub format of the book?

Sorry if this information has been provided already.

The reason I ask is, if you bought the book from Kobo or one of the retailers powered by Kobo (Borders Australia, Whitcoulls, Angus & Robertson, Indigo), then you should be able to use a desktop application (from one of those retailers) to sync your books with your device. Or, you can download an epub version of your book etc.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:42 PM   #23
the hatter
Enthusiast
the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.the hatter can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Thanks but I think I am getting a bit out of my depth here , if i down load a book using epub will it go to :MY book folder in my KObo?? Cheers Guys
Well, if you convert your pdf into an epub (using Calibre), you should be able to load it onto your Kobo using Calibre. Then, once you eject and turn your kobo on again, it will be in your list of books, and also (i think) in your "I'm Reading" list.
the hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #24
artificial
Groupie
artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Yes, ePubs appear under 'books' in your reading list. PDFs appear under documents. It is a slightly odd differentiation, but I imagine the assumption is that if people want to read a book on the Kobo Reader they will choose the epub format because it has reflow and is much better suited to storing and reading text-based books than PDF.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #25
bob5146
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply, this book thet has gone to ocuments: was only a free book from freebooks.com, and I did this AS MY FIRST TRIAL, how can I delete this book and try again? this time I down load it with ePUBs is that right???? (not much hair left now)
Old 06-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #26
bob5146
Enthusiast

Hi Sam Thanks for the reply, I can get ePUBs on my computer,so what I do is;click on download on the book I want ok!then cick with ePUBs right? then this book will go to ADE right? then I drag and drop it then it should go to my ebook
in MY LIBRARY section, is all this correct???
Old 06-20-2010, 02:14 AM   #27
JBlyth
Connoisseur
JBlyth doesn't litterJBlyth doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch, Ipaq 214, HTC WildFire Android
Quote:
Hi Stinger< how do I convert them
Hi Bob,

You can use that wonderful program Calibre, but I think the conversion from PDF to EPUB is not particularly good....

Send me a PM (personal message) with your Perth number and I will give you a ring - if you like....

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia
JBlyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:40 AM   #28
bob5146
Enthusiast

Hi J
How do I send a per mess
Old 06-20-2010, 02:48 AM   #29
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Hi Sam Thanks for the reply, I can get ePUBs on my computer,so what I do is;click on download on the book I want ok!then cick with ePUBs right? then this book will go to ADE right? then I drag and drop it then it should go to my ebook
in MY LIBRARY section, is all this correct???
I will try to answer and hope this explains what I think you are asking.. I understand that this is a free book from feedbooks.com and it is EPUB format, yes?

From the MR Wiki on KOBO link in my earlier post :How do I transfer ePub files to my Kobo eReader?
Quote:
METHOD 2 - ADE: Adobe Digital Editions is a free software application for managing ebooks. ADE can be used to transfer ePubs to your Kobo eReader.

METHOD 3 - Drag 'n' Drop: When connected to your computer by USB the Kobo eReader shows up as a USB storage device. Drag and drop ePub files from your local hard drive to the Kobo.
Once you are on the book site (feedbooks.com) you click on the format you want... EPUB

A window pops upClick image for larger version

Name:	save file a.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	53712 click SAVE FILE

Another window pops up asking where to save the file to ... Easy and Quick is just to save to DESKTOP and be done. Then just drag and drop to your KOBO.

Sometimes, I'll put it where I want right away which is in DOCUMENTS / MY BOOKS
or DOCUMENTS / MY DIGITAL EDITIONS (ADE) .Click image for larger version

Name:	save to 1 -2.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	53713 Click image for larger version

Name:	non DRM final.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	53714

To send a PM

Click on "User CP" on the upper left

Scroll down to "send new message"

Make sure that you type the name exactly as it is (JBlyth) or it will not be sent. (Capitals,lower case,and space or no space make a difference in the name.)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:06 AM   #30
bob5146
Enthusiast

Thanks dreams will try this