Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
BD + Windows 7 = No pictures in LRF book

I believe I've seen this question posted before, but I don't know if anyone's ever posted a solution...

Book Designer running on 64-bit Windows 7. The actual program works fine, but, when I create an LRF book, it's missing all the illustrations. They show up fine in BD itself, and are present as they should be in the "LastFile" folder once I exit the program.

Any ideas?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I believe I've seen this question posted before, but I don't know if anyone's ever posted a solution...

Book Designer running on 64-bit Windows 7. The actual program works fine, but, when I create an LRF book, it's missing all the illustrations. They show up fine in BD itself, and are present as they should be in the "LastFile" folder once I exit the program.

Any ideas?
I had the same problem in 32 Bit Windows 7. Try this. It worked for me. (From the Wiki)

5. Finally, there were two command line fixes to get the graphics to insert correctly into BD.
5a. The first fix involves unhooking and rehooking comct232.ocx
Run command line as administrator - Start -> All Programs -> Accessories then Right Click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.
You will probably be right in c:\Windows\system32
...if not then type:
CD \Windows\system32
(Now to unhook and rehook comct232.ocx type)
regsvr32 /u comct232.ocx
regsvr32 comct232.ocx
5b. The second fix registers GflAx.dll from your BookDesigner subdirectory
use CD.. and/or CD \ and/or CD <DirectoryName> to navigate to your BookDesigner subdirectory
CD Book Designer
then just type the following (still running CMD as Administrator)
regsvr32 GflAx.dll
That's what it took to get BD working for me. It was quite a chore to find all the pertinent info in the various threads, so I hope this is helpful.

-- (updated May 11, 2008): I tried these instructions and ran into 1 small glitch. Note I installed to c:\, not c:\Program Files (don't think it makes a difference). After trying to first run BookDesigner, I received a popup, saying "comctl32.ocx or one of its dependencies is not installed correctly." I went to c:\windows\system32 as admin, and did a regsvr32 /u, and regsvr32 with the ocx file, and its seems to be working so far. Note that comctl32.ocx is with an L as in Larry, not a 1 (one).
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2009, 04:19 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Brilliant! Thanks - it was the registration of "gflax.dll" that did the trick. Now works OK.

Very many thanks indeed .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote