Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-19-2017, 11:04 AM   #31
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Definitely!
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:11 PM   #32
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
If user has not synced in 60+ days, display 'Got time to Sync?' dialog with 'Later' and 'Sync now’ buttons"
No "Never ask me again" option?

Last edited by the.Mtn.Man; 07-19-2017 at 12:15 PM.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2017, 01:09 PM   #33
Angemon
Enthusiast
Angemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kindle DX
Is this firmware supposed to scan your SD card for new books every time one turns on the device after shutting it off? It's doing that on my Kobo Aura and, with 1615 books, it takes a while, not to mention it messed up my read books. Several books I read are marked as Not Read, and same goes for most of the books I'm currently reading.

For the record, on previous firmwares I got a warning about not recognizing the SD card every time I turn my Aura back on after turning it off (and I still get it on this firmware) but that was it, everything kept working as normal. I believe it's related to the SD card reading speed, since I never got said warning when using a class 10 card.
Angemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:53 PM   #34
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I just want them to fix their seriously outdated browser. It's becoming useless.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:12 PM   #35
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I just want them to fix their seriously outdated browser. It's becoming useless.
It's a beta feature and honestly was always pretty useless.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2017, 07:43 PM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
Is this firmware supposed to scan your SD card for new books every time one turns on the device after shutting it off? It's doing that on my Kobo Aura and, with 1615 books, it takes a while, not to mention it messed up my read books. Several books I read are marked as Not Read, and same goes for most of the books I'm currently reading.
Are you using kepubs on the card? If so, that's the problem. Any kepub on the card will be be reprocessed as new book and the reading status lost. epubs seem to be OK. I don't know about other formats. Kobo know about it and are looking at it.
Quote:
For the record, on previous firmwares I got a warning about not recognizing the SD card every time I turn my Aura back on after turning it off (and I still get it on this firmware) but that was it, everything kept working as normal. I believe it's related to the SD card reading speed, since I never got said warning when using a class 10 card.
From memory, I have a mix of class 4 and class 10 cards. None give me a problem except when I fumble the insert. The problems like this reported over the years have been as much with different SD card manufacturers as anything. And formatting the card with the SD card formatter clears up a lot of problems. Does the same message get displayed when the device wakes from sleep? If so, not powering off is a solution.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:20 PM   #37
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
OP: Say the word if you wish to have your Subject Heading - 'Firmare' - corrected.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:27 PM   #38
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
OP: Say the word if you wish to have your Subject Heading - 'Firmare' - corrected.)
Yes please.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:58 AM   #39
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
It's a beta feature and honestly was always pretty useless.
They broke it though. The last firmware update before this one. If Kobo's going to give a feature even in beta then at least they can support it.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited by Blossom; 07-24-2017 at 05:22 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:29 AM   #40
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
They broke it though. The last firmware update before this one. If you are going to give a feature even in beta then at least they can support it.
If I remember correctly, the breakage was not downloading files larger than 2MB in size. And that was fixed in the 4.4.x firmware.

Kobo do support the browser. The "beta" status means the support is normally a lower priority than other features and if there is a reasonable workaround, then it might be a bit longer before the fix is done. But, the one time they broke it completely, it was fixed very fast.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:35 AM   #41
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My H2O started draining battery overnight with 4.5.9587... happened twice now.

Charged to 100% -> next day <10% (checked in the afternoon)
Charged to 100% -> next day <40% (checked in the morning)

Just me or anyone else?
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:49 AM   #42
Odyssee
Connoisseur
Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kindle Basic 11
This firmware update indeed seems to have solved my problem with the light that remained on when my KA1 should be sleeping. At last. And Frostschutz, no battery drainage anymore.
Odyssee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:14 AM   #43
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
My H2O started draining battery overnight with 4.5.9587... happened twice now.
Charged to 100% -> next day <10% (checked in the afternoon)
Charged to 100% -> next day <40% (checked in the morning)
Just me or anyone else?
So far I have not noticed. I'll take care of it.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:26 AM   #44
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I don't like that a page refresh happened every time after using dictionary.

edit: it happened if I mark a word or ‫ ‫sentence, I don't know if it is a bug but it's really annoying.

Last edited by oren64; 07-20-2017 at 04:34 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:54 AM   #45
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
I don't like that a page refresh happened every time after using dictionary.

edit: it happened if I mark a word or ‫ ‫sentence, I don't know if it is a bug but it's really annoying.
Yes, when you dismiss the dictionary/annotations menu there are two refreshes. Very annoying. Kobo know about it. It should be fixed in the next release.

Tags
firmware upgrade