Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Are there any easy ways to mass download from the cloud?

I want to download my collection from the cloud to back it up, since there are a number of files (personal documents) that I only have copies of in the cloud. I was wondering if there was any convenient way to mass download my personal documents from the cloud, or if it all had to be done one by one?
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
One by one only. Sad but true. When I finally went to do mine, I already had several hundred books in my account. It took a few days to get them all downloaded and catalogued.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #3
sneakyspider
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was afraid of that. I'm slightly worse off, I have several thousand personal documents in my archive. This is going to take awhile.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
If you have a large number documents in the Amazon Cloud this may actually take some weeks.

I'm just preparing a tutorial in german "How to anonymize your Kindle" and the download of your personal documents is really the most difficult step. You shouldn't upload anything there in the first place.
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
I was afraid of that. I'm slightly worse off, I have several thousand personal documents in my archive. This is going to take awhile.
OK, now I'm curious... How'd they get there in the first place? Not from a local hard drive?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
You can't download Pdocs. You have to send them via WiFi to you device or app. From there you can just back them up from your Kindle.

I only use the Personal Documents cloud as my reading archive. My PDocs are books that I plan to read.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
sneakyspider

Quote:
OK, now I'm curious... How'd they get there in the first place? Not from a local hard drive?
Some of it is actually fanfiction that I downloaded directly to the cloud . So, I never had a physical copy to begin with. Others are public domain and other free books that I didn't save the copy to.

I do enjoy the convenience of having ebooks stored in the cloud, and I still plan to do it in the future, I just wanted to make sure I have copies of everything available just in case they somehow got deleted. Or if I needed to load them onto a device other than the kindle.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #8
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
You don't mention which device you're talking about, but if it's a Paperwhite (or Touch, for that matter), you can at least select everything that you want to download, without having to wait for each item. That's still a lot of clicks, but at least it's not as tedious as "click - wait for download to complete - click next, etc."
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #9
sneakyspider

I have several, but I do have the Paperwhite. Admittedly, I hadn't thought of doing that. Thanks for the tip. This will definitely save me a lot of time.