Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-14-2017, 02:18 PM   #16
Oolong
Oolong began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
For some reason when I view the device (or SD card, listed separately) in Calibre, all the options under 'Remove books' are greyed out, except 'Remove selected books'.

Quote:
Can you explain how it is confusing your device?
Repeatedly deciding books were unread. If it was just once I'd assume I got confused and opened the wrong file, but it affected more than one book more than once each. Could be coincidence though, a bug to do with something else.
Oolong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2017, 01:10 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oolong View Post
For some reason when I view the device (or SD card, listed separately) in Calibre, all the options under 'Remove books' are greyed out, except 'Remove selected books'.
That is the expected behaviour. All of the options in the delete menu act on the selected books. In the calibre library list, each book can have multiple formats and most of the delete options are about removing one or more of the formats. The top option, the only enable one for the device list, is the only one for removing everything about the book. That is the only valid action for books on the device.
Quote:
Repeatedly deciding books were unread. If it was just once I'd assume I got confused and opened the wrong file, but it affected more than one book more than once each. Could be coincidence though, a bug to do with something else.
That is usually the sign of a corrupted database on the device. It's usually most noticeable after restarting the device. Unless you have a clean backup of the database, the only fix is to recreated it by signing out of your Kobo account on the device.

And yes, I can understand why you described it as "confusing the device".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:28 PM   #18
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oolong View Post
You're right. What I described works in library view, but not in the device view.

In my library, I found a book that was on my device twice. In the library, the far left column shows Card A (2 books). But when I look at Card A in its own view, the book is just listed twice separately. The only way to see which format a copy of the book is in is to look at the path (one shows as kepub.epub and the other just shows as ePub). I'm a little surprised that Calibre isn't friendlier. Is there a good reason for the device view not to behave the same as the library view?

In the end, it may be easiest to find books listed as on the device twice in library view, delete them from the device in library mode and then add them back.

Edit: Aha! In the library, when I chose 'remove matching books from device' a pop-up window listed the different formats. I was able to remove just the ePub from the device that way (I still had to scroll to the right as kepub and ePub are both listed as ePub). Should there be a friendlier way? Yes there should. But hey, it's something.

I've edited and re-edited this post. I hope it makes sense.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 04-16-2017 at 09:51 PM.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:25 AM   #19
compurandom
Zealot
compurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura h2o
I seem to remember it was possible in the library view to search for books on the device multiple times, but I can never remember exactly how to make that work.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #20
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
I seem to remember it was possible in the library view to search for books on the device multiple times, but I can never remember exactly how to make that work.
You can, as I mentioned above: In the library, the far left column shows "Card A (2 books)"
Old 04-22-2017, 08:17 AM   #21
compurandom
Zealot
compurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshescompurandom can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: kobo aura h2o
I know about the library column, I mean, I seem to recall you can search directly for a count in a multivalue column.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:40 AM   #22
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
I know about the library column, I mean, I seem to recall you can search directly for a count in a multivalue column.
Sorry. I don't understand what you mean. When you have a device plugged in, the first column in Calibre's library shows if the book is on the device (or on the SD card). If the same book is on the device or card multiple times, it gives a count of how many times the duplicated book is on the device. Not sure what further info you're looking for. That seems to be exactly what you described your post. Am I missing something?
Old 04-23-2017, 11:46 AM   #23
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air
--- post deleted --- As usual, I should have finished the thread before replying. <shrug>

Last edited by DNSB; 04-23-2017 at 11:52 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:03 PM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Sorry. I don't understand what you mean. When you have a device plugged in, the first column in Calibre's library shows if the book is on the device (or on the SD card). If the same book is on the device or card multiple times, it gives a count of how many times the duplicated book is on the device. Not sure what further info you're looking for. That seems to be exactly what you described your post. Am I missing something?
I think what is wanted is to be able to do something like "ondevice:#>1" to show all books that are on the device more than once. But, as far as I can tell, "ondevice" is boolean, so can only be true or false.

Sorting by the column does partly do it. The sort is on the text string displayed, so "Main (2 books)" sorts above "Main". But, that also means the books on a card in the device are sorted separately as they look something like "Card (2 books)". And if the books is on both the card and the device is shows differently again.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, fonts, kobo, kobo aura h2o