Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #16
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Ah, then quite similar except the Ativ Q doesn't work as a lid, when closed it is a tablet and not that thick, in other words the screen don't rotate so it faces the keyboard.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:51 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
It's a lenovo ultrabook where the screen can be pushed all the way so it sits on top of the body (rotates 360 degrees) - it becomes a tablet, albeit a fat one at that.
Yes, the Dell Duo range works the same way.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #18
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
from cnet.com today, more info
on new regular tablets. (not Ativ)

All below available July 7, 2013

Galaxy Tab 3 7 inch
$199, 8GB

Galaxy Tab 3 8 inch
$299, 16GB

Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 inch
$399, 16GB

All: Samsung IR blaster, microSD slot,
50GB free Dropbox storage for 2 years,
3 months free Hulu Plus

Other Info coming as sales pitch build up
continues.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #19
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, the Dell Duo range works the same way.
The same end result, but the mechanism works differently. Having used it for a few days I do think the slider implementation on my new Sony Vaio Duo 13 is a good solution.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #20
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
The same end result, but the mechanism works differently. Having used it for a few days I do think the slider implementation on my new Sony Vaio Duo 13 is a good solution.
My question on Sony is two fold.

1. The usual and long time problem - great concepts but high prices.
2. More recent: viability. Is Sony going to survive?

Are Asus and Lenovo the new Sonys?
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #21
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
My question on Sony is two fold.

1. The usual and long time problem - great concepts but high prices.
2. More recent: viability. Is Sony going to survive?

Are Asus and Lenovo the new Sonys?
Let us hope not. I looked at Asus Taichi 31 long and hard -- after warnings from friends and regarding that particular model and after I had a bad experience with them. Now the Lenovo Yoga 13 I saw was not very appealing. And I definitely don't trust them -- I see what crap they are putting out in China. Few locals I know have positive experiences buying Lenovo products. Can't live off IBM's ideas forever.

The Sony cost the same as the Asus or the Lenovo Yoga 13, but weighs less and has the new processor (which makes a big difference when it comes to battery life). Yes, Sony products are not cheap, but I never buy something because it is cheaper, I buy what I like at the best price I can find.

Now as to the second consideration, I definitely think the Sony e-reader division is a big money loser they might drop any time, but I am not worried about the company as a whole. And the new laptop line-up is a sign they are getting their mojo back. They just can't make money at low priced commodity products like tablets and low-end TVs.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote