Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
mattekure
mattekure began at the beginning.

Device: Droid Incredible
Book Rating using Calibre Web

I have Calibre set up and primarily access it via the web interface. I want to be able to rate books as I read them, but this doesnt seem possible. I can see the ratings, and I can edit them from my server where calibre is installed, but through the web interface, I cant change or add a rating.

Thanks
mattekure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
I have Calibre set up and primarily access it via the web interface. I want to be able to rate books as I read them, but this doesnt seem possible. I can see the ratings, and I can edit them from my server where calibre is installed, but through the web interface, I cant change or add a rating.

Thanks
The Web server is indeed read only, and you have discovered the proper place to update ratings, on the Calibre server.

VNC, Remote desktop connection to your PC might be options
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
mattekure
mattekure began at the beginning.

Device: Droid Incredible
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The Web server is indeed read only, and you have discovered the proper place to update ratings, on the Calibre server.

VNC, Remote desktop connection to your PC might be options
Bummer, I almost never use my server, I mostly interact with it remotely and use the command line to add books. Thats why I set up the web interface in the first place. Is this something that could be looked at as a possible future feature?

Thanks for the info.
mattekure is offline   Reply With Quote