Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
fishNco
fishNco began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903
Question flipping PDF pages with the stylus?

Hi, sorry to start a new thread, i remember coming across a thread a couple days ago where some PB 903 owners were talking about being able to use the stylus to turn pages of a PDF in the default viewer (AdobeReader)? (possibly @paolamanzini and either @SkyDream or @LoneTech IIRC )

I've been trying to replicate that but without any success, dragging the stylus from left to right or right to left across the screen. Sometimes when I drag it from top to bottom it saves a bookmark instead! Am I doing something wrong? Or is there some setting I have to enable first?

Thanks for reading
fishNco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:52 AM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishNco View Post
Hi, sorry to start a new thread, i remember coming across a thread a couple days ago where some PB 903 owners were talking about being able to use the stylus to turn pages of a PDF in the default viewer (AdobeReader)? (possibly @paolamanzini and either @SkyDream or @LoneTech IIRC )

I've been trying to replicate that but without any success, dragging the stylus from left to right or right to left across the screen. Sometimes when I drag it from top to bottom it saves a bookmark instead! Am I doing something wrong? Or is there some setting I have to enable first?

Thanks for reading
Hi FishNco, it definitely works on mine: I have just tried it again:
PDFs: it works with adobeviewer (though possibly only if the full page is showing): just swipe the stylus right to left to move a page froward, adn left to rigth to move a page back. With pdfviewer it also works with teh zoomed page, and in that case if you swipe vertically you are able to move to different portions of the page.
EPUB: adobereader does nto seem to work, while FBreader does (both teh "regular" and the 180 version).
Perhaps try and re-calibre the stylus? It is jsut a gentle swipe.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
fishNco

hi @paolamanzini, thanks for your reply. i tried recalibrating the stylus, and then tried the swipe again (in all directions) with PDFs and EPUBs in adobeviewer, pdfviewer and fbreader. nothing worked at all! in adobeviewer i sometimes see an hourglass icon after each swipe, in the bottom left of the screen, but then nothing happens. the only place i've managed to turn a page with the stylus is in the dictionary, right to left and left to right. the same swipe doesn't do anything for me anywhere else.

has anybody else had this problem? i believe i am using firmware 2.0.4, which was what shipped with my PB 903.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:25 AM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishNco View Post
hi @paolamanzini, thanks for your reply. i tried recalibrating the stylus, and then tried the swipe again (in all directions) with PDFs and EPUBs in adobeviewer, pdfviewer and fbreader. nothing worked at all! in adobeviewer i sometimes see an hourglass icon after each swipe, in the bottom left of the screen, but then nothing happens. the only place i've managed to turn a page with the stylus is in the dictionary, right to left and left to right. the same swipe doesn't do anything for me anywhere else.

has anybody else had this problem? i believe i am using firmware 2.0.4, which was what shipped with my PB 903.
must be very frustrating! I am not sure, there may be some hidden setting that I unwittingly set somehow, perhaps if other PB903/603 ownsers could tell us how they do it, we might understand better...
Old 01-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
fishNco

thanks for your help @paolamanzini, i'll see what settings i can play with and try to get that working too

does anybody else know how to flip pages with the stylus?
Old 01-31-2011, 03:01 AM   #6
onesome
Connoisseur
onesome began at the beginning.

Device: GalaxyTab 10.1
Just to clear misunderstandings, if any - you are swiping at the bottom of the screen starting from the middle to right or middle to left. Right?
onesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:20 AM   #7
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesome View Post
Just to clear misunderstandings, if any - you are swiping at the bottom of the screen starting from the middle to right or middle to left. Right?
in my case, yes, and now that you mention it I should have made this clearer!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #8
fishNco

thanks for clarifying @onesome and @paolamanzini. i just tried the 'half swipe' from middle to left or middle to right, in the bottom half of the screen (not the status bar/title/clock etc), and still nothing. (previously i did a 'full swipe', which seemed to work for me in the dictionary.)

depending on what program i open my books in, i sometimes can see a little hourglass icon in the bottom left of the status bar after a swipe, but no page turn happens. i also had a look in whatever settings and in the system\config directory, but didn't see anything that looked like it might help. i'm stumped!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:46 AM   #9
onesome
Connoisseur

I think you should test you wacom sensor - let's say writing in scribble program. Above all you should eliminate possible hardware malfunction. If everything is o.k. try to reinstall your device. Actually you could send P.M. to mtravellerh for some help.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #10
fishNco

well i've tried the scribble program and it works well, there is only minimal lag between writing something with the stylus and seeing the e-ink appear. i have calibrated the stylus (twice) already, and that doesn't seem to change anything. the only program that responds to stylus swipes seems to be dictionary, for some reason...

thanks for your suggestions @onesome! what do you mean by reinstalling my device? how do i do that? if all else fails yes i will PM mtravellerh.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #11
onesome
Connoisseur

You can find links for last firmware here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=117753
Read the whole topic to find out about the changes. How to install new firmware you can find in your pdf manual page 50 i think - "software version update". But I think you will want to talk with some of the PB representatives first /mtravellerh/. For some reason they are not active in this part of the forum lately... so use P.M.
If new firmware is coming near you can wait for it.

Last edited by onesome; 02-02-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #12
fishNco

thanks again @onesome, i'll try that. i have PMed mtravellerh, and am waiting for a reply. will update if i find something that works, hopefully it will help anybody else who may have the same problem

Tags
903, stylus