Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-01-2007, 08:18 AM   #31
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I agree. While I have nothing against a faster refresh, I can live perfectly well with the Sony Reader right now.
Ditto
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #32
Gameboy70
Connoisseur
Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, 3rd Gen iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
I keep repeating to myself: "I don't NEED a new reader, I have the Sony Reader."
I have a Sony Reader, and do like it, but my need for HTML support is absolute. Despite the way e-readers are currently conceived and marketed, much of the content I'd like to read consists of articles that I'd like to get offline without having to print. The Cybook's HTML support, drag-and-drop file management, and Mobipocket compatibility (e.g. purchasing books from Amazon rather than CONNECT) make it a thoughtful upgrade, assuming that PDF support really is forthcoming.
Gameboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:42 PM   #33
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
I have a Sony Reader, and do like it, but my need for HTML support is absolute. Despite the way e-readers are currently conceived and marketed, much of the content I'd like to read consists of articles that I'd like to get offline without having to print. The Cybook's HTML support, drag-and-drop file management, and Mobipocket compatibility (e.g. purchasing books from Amazon rather than CONNECT) make it a thoughtful upgrade, assuming that PDF support really is forthcoming.
About PDF support on the Cybook: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...46&postcount=8
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:08 PM   #34
Gameboy70
Connoisseur
Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gameboy70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, 3rd Gen iPad
@Hadrien:

Actually, my comment about whether or not PDF support is "really forthcoming" was based on the post you linked to. I suspect that PDF support won't make it in the shipped product, but will follow as a flash upgrage. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
Gameboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:30 AM   #35
Snas
Enthusiast
Snas began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad & N95
I've just received this newsletter :

Quote:
La sortie du nouveau livre électronique Cybook Gen3 a été reportée au mois d’octobre 2007. Bien que nous ayons déjà livré des appareils d’évaluation, nous avons dû réaliser des ajustements sur la production en masse du Cybook Gen3.
En contrepartie, ce délai offre à Bookeen la possibilité d’inclure dès la sortie du Cybook Gen3 le support du PDF. Nous profitons de ce délai pour enrichir l’offre logicielle du Cybook Gen3. Le PDF est un format majeur que nous envisagions de supporter lors d’unefuture mise à jour logicielle. Ce nouveau timing nous permet de l’inclure directement dans le Cybook Gen3 lors de sa sortie.
Pour sa sortie, le Cybook Gen3 pourra donc lire des livres Mobipocket cryptés et afficher des fichiers aux formats HTML, Text, PalmDoc et finalement PDF. Une nouvelle version du logiciel Mobipocket pour PC sera également disponible en téléchargement d’ici quelques semaines sur le site Mobipocket.com. Ce nouveau programme détectera et synchronisera automatiquement le Cybook Gen3. Acheter, télécharger et transférer un livre numérique sur le Cybook Gen3 devient un vrai jeu d’enfant.
En parallèle, Bookeen a ouvert son propre blog pour évoquer ses actualités et initier des discussions. Nous voyons vraiment ce blog comme un endroit pour échanger et communiquer avec la communauté des lecteurs et des passionnés de livres numériques. Ce sera également une source d'informations de première main sur nos développements. Pour illustrer ce credo, un premier clip vidéo montrant le Cybook Gen3 en action a été mis en ligne sur le blog.
Très cordialement,
L'équipe Bookeen
Pour en savoir plus au sujet de Bookeen et du Cybook, visiter www.bookeen.com.
Pour discuter et recevoir les dernières news, visiter le blog officiel de Bookeen.
Trad (from Babelfish) :

Quote:
The exit of the new electronic book Cybook Gen3 was deferred to October 2007.
Although we already delivered apparatuses of evaluation, we had to carry out adjustments on the mass production of Cybook Gen3.
N the other hand, this time makes it possible to Bookeen to include as of the exit of Cybook Gen3 the support of the pdf.
We benefit from this time to enrich the software offer by Cybook Gen3. The pdf is a major format which we plan to support at the time of a future software update. This new timing enables us to include it directly in Cybook Gen3 when coming out.
For its exit, Cybook Gen3 will be able thus to read encrypted Mobipocket books and to post files with formats HTML, Text, PalmDoc and finally pdf. A new version of the Mobipocket software for PC will be also available in remote loading from here a few weeks on the Mobipocket.com site. This new program will detect and synchronize automatically Cybook Gen3.
To buy, download and transfer a numerical book on Cybook Gen3 become a true play of child. In parallel, Bookeen opened its clean blog to evoke its current events and to initiate discussions. We see really this blog like a place to exchange and communicate with the community of the readers and impassioned numerical books.
It will be also a source of first hand information on our developments. To illustrate this creed, a first video clip showing Cybook Gen3 in action was put on line on the blog. Very cordially, the Bookeen team to know some more about Bookeen and of Cybook, to visit www.bookeen.com. To discuss and receive the last news, to visit the official blog of Bookeen.
Snas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #36
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Here's the English version they sent out, for those whose Babel-glish is a bit rusty.
Quote:
The launch of Bookeen's awaited Cybook Gen3 ebook reading device has been delayed until October 2007. We have already delivered several engineering samples and are making slight adjustments in the final steps of mass production.
As a benefit, the PDF format will be supported on the Cybook Gen3 directly with the first product release. We are using this delay to enhance our software offer. PDF support was a major step for Bookeen and was planned as being part of a next upgrade. The new timing allows us to have PDF up and running for the release.
For its first release, the Cybook Gen3 will support encrypted Mobipocket ebooks and display HTML, Text, PalmDoc and finally PDF files. A new version of the Mobipocket reader for desktop will be also released in the next weeks by Mobipocket.com. This new program, which runs on a PC host, will detect and synchronize automatically with the Cybook Gen3. Buying, downloading and transferring an ebook file to the Cybook Gen3 becomes a child's game.
In parallel, Bookeen has opened its own corporate blog to provide hot news and start discussions. We really see this blog as a place to exchange and communicate with the ebook community. It will also be the place to get some hints and insider information about Bookeen developments. To illustrate this credo, a first video clip showing off the Cybook Gen3 in action has been released on the blog.
I find it amusing to compare the two.

There's a new thread to discuss these developments here, if anyone wishes to hop over.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote