Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 12-13-2019, 02:38 PM   #1
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Trouble running from source

Hi.

All of the sudden I'm getting this error when running from source:

Code:
Python function terminated unexpectedly
   'Application' object has no attribute 'styleHints' (Error Code: 1)
Can someone help me?

calibre 4.6 64bits
Window 10 x64
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.png
Views:	218
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	175578  

Last edited by thiago.eec; 12-13-2019 at 02:44 PM.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:15 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I'm not seeing a problem here. I can see the line that is causing this was added last month. Have you updated the installed to make sure the build matches the source?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2019, 07:57 PM   #3
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes. Source and calibre updated to the last version.
To be sure, I've uninstalled calibre and removed the source code. Then, installed calibre 4.6 and cloned the git repo again.

I keep getting the same error...
Old 12-13-2019, 08:00 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The only way I know of for that error to happen is if you are running the source against an out-of-date version of calibre and hence Qt.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 04:15 AM   #5
thiago.eec
Guru

Found the problem. I was having problem with my icons, so I had uninstalled calibre (and reinstalled after rebooting). But before installing again, I used my shortcut to run from source. At that point, I had only calibre 32 3.48 installed.
Even after I reinstalled calibre 64 4.6, the association remained with calibre 32 3.48, hence the error.

All good now! Thanks for the hints, @davidfor and @kovidgoyal.
Advert