Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2014, 06:44 AM   #1
scottveron
scottveron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Talking 2048 game on Kindle Paperwhite

I am just a newbie in kindlet development, but I have an idea to convert 2048, written on js, to be playable on Kindle Paperwhite. There are different versions written on java, python, C++, etc.
However, I obviously lack knowledge to convert them.
If there's anyone who could guide me on how to implement it myself or anyone who would like to do it on their own, feel free to post here.
Thanks,
scottveron
scottveron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:06 AM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
good idea but the title is a bit misleading, expecting to find a package here
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2014, 07:04 PM   #3
Cykotitan
Enthusiast
Cykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animalsCykotitan is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 WiFi
So I did a bit of testing, turned out this is a fair way to do it considering I have zero experience in making kindlets and such. All game code is kept the way it is, I only added a map area with 4 triangle shapes which function as up, down, left and right handlers for the overlaying transparent image.
Removed stuff such as credits to keep it simple for Kindles, but all credits still go to the original developer.

Demo: http://evo-europe.net/2048/
Download: http://evo-europe.net/2048/game.tgz

Good thing about Midori is that it plays the game to the end without disappearing, but animations are quite choppy (perhaps disable somehow?).
Built-in browsers, on the other hand, makes the grid cut in half and it eventually disappears entirely. Still trying to figure this issue out.

Some element colors are still not quite right, particularly the tile colors (white numbers have poor visibility on certain colors). I would like to see this game in a native app or Kindlet edition, but unfortunately that's way out of my reach. Perhaps someone can fix this mess up

Edit: noticed a weird thing in the experimental browser, upon scaling the page (zoom in or out), the invisible part of the page may sometimes show up, albeit cropped. That being said, it doesn't seem to be an issue with the size (height) of certain elements...

Last edited by Cykotitan; 04-25-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Cykotitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2048, kindlet