Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-24-2019, 12:21 PM   #1
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Nook Glowlight Plus - $169.99

I wasn’t sure exactly where to post this or how but Barnes and Noble has reduced the price on the 2019 Glowlight Plus to $169.99 right now.

That’s $30 off the normal price.

I assume you could probably stack this with the other Barnes and Noble member discounts for an even better price.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/noo...=9780594829720

I would totally be in except I already tried one and I can’t handle the software personally.
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:27 PM   #2
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Good price. I like my nook a lot
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:36 PM   #3
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
Good price. I like my nook a lot
Yep - now is the time to pounce if you want a Nook Glowlight Plus
Old 11-24-2019, 02:24 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyboy View Post
I wasn’t sure exactly where to post this or how but Barnes and Noble has reduced the price on the 2019 Glowlight Plus to $169.99 right now.

I assume you could probably stack this with the other Barnes and Noble member discounts for an even better price.

I just saw this and was going to post it. I think I read that, for Black Friday, the Glowlight 3 is going to go on sale for $100 — so I don't know how long the Plus sale is going to last. Normally membership discounts can't be applied to Nook devices — at least that's what I've read here.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 02:38 PM   #5
bookyboy
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I just saw this and was going to post it. I think I read that, for Black Friday, the Glowlight 3 is going to go on sale for $100 — so I don't know how long the Plus sale is going to last. Normally membership discounts can't be applied to Nook devices — at least that's what I've read here.
I don't know if that's still true or not..

When I bought the GLP a few weeks back to try out, the lady in store was trying to get me to sign up for the B&N Membership specifically because it would be nearly "free" to sign up since I'd get $20-ish off the $199 retail price of the GLP
Old 11-30-2019, 05:44 PM   #6
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
This is an excellent price for this.....too bad not many seem to be interested. It really is a nice device.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 05:45 PM   #7
bookyboy
Addict

I just find the nook software to be holding it back.

They don’t do nearly enough to keep it competitive with Amazon and Kobo in my opinion.

It’s great hardware with very average software
Old 11-30-2019, 08:03 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

I would totally be in except I already tried one and I can’t handle the software personally.
Yes, this is the right place, and your posting's fine.

Thank you!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:03 PM   #9
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
I know the software is a bit buggy but it's not all that bad. But for pure reading it's perfectly fine . It's a really nice device and I'm surprised more people are not jumping on this.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 08:28 PM   #10
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I think the new Glowlight Plus is a very nice device. I'm just not interested in a 7.8" reader.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 11:54 PM   #11
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
This is an excellent price for this.....too bad not many seem to be interested. It really is a nice device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I think the new Glowlight Plus is a very nice device. I'm just not interested in a 7.8" reader.
Same here. I was thrilled to find a Tolino Epos (7.8" screen) advertised at Shop Goodwill. Bought it (won the auction), it's in great condition. Tried getting used to it... it's just too big for me and I can never find a good size for the fonts. The fact that I basically only read novels (or history) is probably a big part of this. I would be much more interested in the Glowlight 3 going on sale.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:55 PM   #12
bookyboy
Addict

Regarding the 6 inch glowlight....

I wouldn’t mind a refresh on that hardware, particularly the buttons.

The buttons on the plus model are softer and quieter and just “nicer”
Old 12-02-2019, 12:31 AM   #13
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Regarding the 6 inch glowlight....

I wouldn’t mind a refresh on that hardware, particularly the buttons.

The buttons on the plus model are softer and quieter and just “nicer”
Shop Goodwill sent one of these to me by accident (and then took a while getting the return authorization to me) so I had a week to try one out. I didn't mind the button click, but (at the time) I wasn't impressed with the warm light (I didn't understand how to adjust the light properly but now understand how it works by using it on my Tolinos).

EDIT: I should add, however, that I'm about 2/3 deaf. So that may be why the clicks don't bother me.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:43 PM   #14
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
The Nook Glowlight Plus is on sale again for $169.99

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/nook/_/N-1pbl
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote