Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
vega07
Enthusiast
vega07 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2
need help looking for K3 sleeve

I used the Incipio underGROUND for my K2 and I'm searching for a similar new sleeve to fit my K3 but I'm having a hard time finding one that is actually made for the K3. All of the accessories say "made for latest generation Kindle" but with the recent release of the K3, have these titles been updated??

And I hate how some sleeves say fit latest generation and 2nd generation when the size difference between the two Kindles are substantial.

Last edited by vega07; 08-27-2010 at 08:07 PM.
vega07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Considering vendors have only had the K3 for about 36 hours ...

1. Anything built for the Kindle 2 will be OK - although an inch long.

2. The DVD case mod (where you trim out all the molded innards from the right side of a DVD case) works great! Very few cases are as sleek and lightweight AND protective! And you get to completely customize your cover, too! Leave that "Chinatown" insert on it ... or make up your own!
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
vega07
Enthusiast

are you serious about a dvd case fitting? humm...but it won't look as good as the felt on my underGROUND cover!

but interesting...
Old 08-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

>> ... DVD case? Are you drinking at the keyboard again, Clint???

Not my original idea at all ... but here's my photos ...

http://gallery.me.com/clintbradford

And, YES - it is FRIDAY, and that means Pina Coladas ...
Old 08-27-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...

>> ... trim out all the molded innards from the right side of a DVD case ...

The first one I made I used a straight-edged razor blade. Timely, and error-prone ...

Subsequently, I have been using my Dremel(tm) tool and a cutting disc. MUCH easier!
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
>> ... DVD case? Are you drinking at the keyboard again, Clint???

Not my original idea at all ... but here's my photos ...

http://gallery.me.com/clintbradford

And, YES - it is FRIDAY, and that means Pina Coladas ...
Nicely done, Clint, but there is your personal information on the pictures, you may want to "hide" that
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #7
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...

>> ... personal info ...

Naw. I have been on the 'Net for three decades ... only regretted twice the fact that I am totally open with my contact info. The FBI and Secret Service handled one occurrence back when they didn't know which agency was going to start handling death threats committed via the Internet. And the second was a false alarm.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:43 PM   #8
vega07
Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure the K3 won't fit in a DVD case...
Old 08-28-2010, 01:20 AM   #9
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Amazon does have some covers listed for the K3. There is a sleeve from Built (a little pricey at $35, IMHO) and I have a Belkin cover on pre-order ($25).
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:43 AM   #10
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega07 View Post
I'm pretty sure the K3 won't fit in a DVD case...
Not a chance. Too tall.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:28 AM   #11
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...

Wow - I could have SWORN that the K3 was less tall than my Kobo! I AM WRONG. The K3 is, indeed, too tall for a DVD case! I apologize if anyone has chopped up a DVD case on my word.

That's what the grey K3 case does - deceptively smaller than white counterparts!
Old 08-28-2010, 02:33 AM   #12
vega07
Enthusiast

clint, you owe me a dvd case.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:52 AM   #13
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
What do you guys think about this Nook case/sleeve/pocket? I've seen the picture comparing the Nook and K3 not being that much different in size so I thought maybe this would work. I am planning to use mine without the cover since that adds weight. Let me know what you think.

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Hutt...?cds2Pid=34778
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #14
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
M-Edge is selling their Sony Touch touring sleeve for Kindle 3, too.
<https://app.medgestore.com/products/prs600-touring.psp?device=kindle3>

-JT
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote