Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited. DRM Free?

There has been some discussion of the meaning of the appearance of "Simultaneous Device Usage:" in the Product Details of Kindle Books at Amazon's Kindle Store.

I believe it's pretty simple. If a book has
Quote:
Simultaneous Device Usage:Unlimited
in the Prodcut Details then it is DRM-free. If some other limit is given, or if "Simultaneous Device Usage:" does not appear, then the book has DRM.

This simple rules works for all the Amazon books I've bought.

I will change my opinion on this if anyone can produce a counter-example. That is, either a book that is listed with "Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited" and yet has DRM, or that does not have "Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited" and yet is DRM-free.

I don't believe that there is such a counter-example.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
As far as I know you're correct. IIRC when you decide to use DRM then you have to choose the Device Usage and unlimited isn't an option.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
That seems to be the way it works.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote