Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 11-10-2006, 07:24 AM   #1
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
Jinke/v2/v## on steroid

http://www.jinke.com.cn/compagesql/E...pro/newpro.asp

Hanlin eReader V2c - ETA 2006-12-31
Hanlin eReader V2t - ETA 2007-4-30
Hanlin eReader V2d - ETA 2007-06-30
Hanlin eReader V9 - ETA 2007-08-31
Hanlin eReader V9c - ETA 2007-09-30
Hanlin eReader V9t - ETA 2007-09-30

Not one, not two, nor three, but SIX, my friends ... whopping SIX new readers in the roadmap till next year September!

woo hoo ... now all they need to do is figure out they can sell it online worldwide and I'll be a happy customer and they can start laughing their way to the bank ... ie, if they figure out the online sales part before Sony own the world with their Sony Reader!

I'm visiting state side in a month or two ... think I'll get a Sony Reader ... if there is some way to make it display Chinese.
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:54 AM   #2
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
good news...if they actually manage to deliver this time...the v2 is still not out...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2006, 10:46 AM   #3
Melf
Enthusiast
Melf began at the beginning.

Device: TTX, SmartQ7
wow, really promising
That Iliad from Jinke (V9) looks great
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #4
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

They do look like Iliad/Sony Reader clones...^^
But my main worry is that Jinke hasn't managed to market any devices outisde Europe (apart from a few in Russia) and is still not ready with the V2 model that was supposed to be available worldwide in May...
I'd really love to get one of there, even the V2 would be cool (and the V2 with touchscreen is also pretty cool) but I'm skeptical...
Old 11-10-2006, 11:13 AM   #5
Macduff
Macduff began at the beginning.

Perhaps this is something that I missed before, but I don't remember the order online option being availiable before for the v2, but now it is here Does that mean it is ready to go or did I just not see it before?
I also looks like it is black and has a cover now, which makes me happy since I never much liked the ipod bathroom white scheme.
Macduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2006, 11:18 AM   #6
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

good news...I'll check it out right now...

edit: It says "only for cooperators"

Damn...
Old 11-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #7
Macduff
Macduff began at the beginning.

Curses! I had not noticed that. I promise to cooperate with them by buying the reader, but I guess that isn't what they mean.
Macduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:38 AM   #8
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

I'm afraid not...but i'll talk to them about it next week...
Old 11-10-2006, 01:48 PM   #9
Xsavior
Coveter of eInk
Xsavior began at the beginning.

Device: Treo 700p, Sony Reader
I like the Dual Screen V2d, think they can incorporate an alternating refresh option so you can read one page while the next one is loading? That could eliminate wait time, and i like the idea of keeping the traditional form factor... even if it's just a novelty, i could see my self getting that one. It's sort of like the Nintendo DS where you close it, and it becomes it's own case.
Xsavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:57 AM   #10
THJahar
Zealot
THJahar is on a distinguished road

Device: Jinke V2 Prototype
I'm currently waiting for a 'New hardware and software version of the V2' (their words) May said it should be available by the end of this month. So i will be able to give you a review soon. I'm hoping that its as close to 'release version' as possible.
I'm guessing if the version I receive is nigh on complete then the possibilty of these offshoots could be not far from the truth.
THJahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:57 AM   #11
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
good news...I'll check it out right now...

edit: It says "only for cooperators"

Damn...
Checked today - it's possible to order No cooperators at all...
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:24 AM   #12
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
The specs are a bit worrying to me. 200MHz CPU with 32MB of RAM for the entire product line, even the dual panel and cellular models.

Plus what exactly is GPRS/CDMA?

GPRS is a GSM data service and CDMA is the competitor to GSM. It would seem they are saying they will have support for GPRS and 1xRTT (which is the data service for CDMA)?

The v9 series is also claiming to be capable of SD rather than just MMC. One of these days perhaps iRex will drop the $$$ and join the SD consortium so the iLiad can have SD support as well.

The pixel count for the 10" panel also caught my eye. Many of the manga/graphic novels I've been running through my CBR/CBZ viewer code on the iLiad are 1200 pixels tall...

And did anyone else notice they have no pixel depth listed for the 10" panel? Their 6" panel is the older 4 gray panel used in the Librie but there is no mention of gray count for the new 10" panel.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:31 AM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
And did anyone else notice they have no pixel depth listed for the 10" panel? Their 6" panel is the older 4 gray panel used in the Librie but there is no mention of gray count for the new 10" panel.
Scotty, I think they actually do, in the product pamphlets. They mention 4 grey levels for every device.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:40 AM   #14
segatang
Connoisseur
segatang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kolin i-library
I only care that the paging speed, price, and unicode (CJK Asian fonts)support.
The iLiad is nice but it's a little slow reading PDF even with Xscale 400MHz CPU.
The V2 and V9 series are with Samsung 200MHz...
The other interesting thing is that it supports the XEB (apabi) in the product pamphlets but no similiar information in the website.
segatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:41 AM   #15
hrbrmstr
OS X Wielding PRS-500 Own
hrbrmstr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
e-ink & touch screen?

being kinda new to the e-ink/e-book/e-reader wave and not knowing alot about the history of the iliad and this particular manufacturer, i'm wondering how, exactly, they plan on doing both a decent touch screen and e-ink (if it is - in fact - e-ink) display.

while i'd love a "pda" with the form-factor of the prs-500, one of the best features of it (besides the beautiful display) is the battery life. cramming 3G, 802.11 & a touch screen seems to be counter-productive for a device that is still being marketed as a e-book reader. also, unless they've sped up the refresh rate or found a way to stop the ghosting on partial clear/re-draw regions, i'm not sure i'd want one of these to read my e-mail (as indicated by the mail icon in one of the pix) & spreadsheets on.

and, if this is going to be something with an on-screen keyboard that i can "type" with, then i'm really confused as to how that's going to work well with the e-ink tech.

i also agree with one of the previous posters - 200MHz?

am i just being over-negative? am i missing something?
hrbrmstr is offline   Reply With Quote