Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
This forum is awesome!

I've said it before, I'm gonna say it again: I am SO glad I found this forum. It has been a tremendous help, and I don't even have my Vox yet.

First, I would likely not have ever had my problem with my initial online order solved, and I wouldn't have known the Vox was available for sale elsewhere besides the Kobo website. (I live on a farm in the prairies, don't get to the cities too often.)

I don't even have my Vox yet, but it's on its way from Best Buy and should be here any day. But it's a birthday present, and I'm not supposed to see it until the 17th. So I'll behave myself and wait.

I can see that there is a lot more to the Vox than to my very simple Sony PRS 650, and I am sure learning a lot here which is going to be very useful when I do get into the Vox. I'm bookmarking lots of sites.

Honestly, I think I would have been lost without this forum.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
kikibay
Banned
kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone, Kobo Vox
i like ur pic, it's cute
kikibay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #3
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. It's a male hummingbird who was sitting in my hand when I took the picture. He had smacked into our picture window and got a bump on the noggin. I ran out to pick him up off the ground before the cat got him, and he sat on my hand for a while until he recovered and flew away.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #4
kikibay
Banned
kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
Thanks. It's a male hummingbird who was sitting in my hand when I took the picture. He had smacked into our picture window and got a bump on the noggin. I ran out to pick him up off the ground before the cat got him, and he sat on my hand for a while until he recovered and flew away.
wow, you are a really warmhearted person
I live in nyc, and people here usually go like this ->
Also, you are very talented at photography
kikibay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #5
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
kikibay, hehehehe

I was once chatting with a guy who had the Xerox photocopier franchise for north western British Columbia. He had a territory that covered something like 30,000 square miles. Basically from Smithers BC west to Prince Rupert BC and north to Alaska and the Yukon. He had to charter float planes to get to see some of his customers. Or drive 8 hours one way on then gravel roads to see other customers. And it gets to -40 in winter at times.

So he's attending some Xerox conference in the USA and got to chatting with a guy who had a 2 square block territory in Manhattan. They both did about the same gross dollar volume in sales. Quite the difference.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #6
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
I've said it before, I'm gonna say it again: I am SO glad I found this forum. It has been a tremendous help, and I don't even have my Vox yet.
Agreed. The folks here have been quite knowledgeable and helpful.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:34 AM   #7
49Kat
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikibay View Post
wow, you are a really warmhearted person
I live in nyc, and people here usually go like this ->
Also, you are very talented at photography
Oh, that summer the hummingbirds were constantly stunning themselves on that window. And I even rescued one from inside one of our outbuildings. Yes, I love animals and birds.

That picture is cropped. I had to crop it a lot to make it small enough to use here. I know there was one long shot of me with this bird that my husband took that morning and then I took a few pictures myself holding the camera in my other hand. These digital cameras make it easy, and it helps when your subject is woozy and holds nice and still for you.

Tony, that's quite a commute your friend has.