Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #16
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
I was having a look at the Oberon covers earlier and noticed they had a handy page for making sure you identify the correct Kindle model before you buy a cover:

Oberon: Kindle models
That's news. They must have added them recently... Hmmmm... I'd love to have a K touch... well... What will I do with my old K3 wifi?

You might want to check the thread about covers for Kindle.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #17
mingchao3
mingchao3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello all. I am a newbie here. I just received a Kindle new in sealed box as a gift. I can't tell what model it is from the box. It say network wi-fi power usb and color drk. I would like to either sell it as new without unsealing the box....so I was wondering if anyone knows if any info on the box can reveal the model.

There is a serial number and also a MAC Address.

Thanks.
mingchao3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #18
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingchao3 View Post
Hello all. I am a newbie here. I just received a Kindle new in sealed box as a gift. I can't tell what model it is from the box. It say network wi-fi power usb and color drk. I would like to either sell it as new without unsealing the box....so I was wondering if anyone knows if any info on the box can reveal the model.

There is a serial number and also a MAC Address.

Thanks.
What's the first 4 characters of the serial num?
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #19
mingchao3

Thanks for responding. The following information is on the box.

UPC#: 1491601188
Serial#: FSNB008A0A012030RHB
MAC Address 28EF01564586
Old 01-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Kindle 3 Wifi (now referred to as the Kindle Keyboard or KK)
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #21
mingchao3

Thank you!
Old 01-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #22
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingchao3 View Post

UPC#: 1491601188
Serial#: FSNB008A0A012030RHB
MAC Address 28EF01564586
As DiapDealer said, it's the Kindle 3 WiFi model, which is now called Kindle Keyboard WiFi. There was one with "special offers" (ads) and one without. I'm not sure which one you have, but the one with special offers was less expensive. Special offers are only available in the U.S.

That model came out in 2010 and was recently discontinued by Amazon after they came out with the new Kindle models in November. Many stores were discounting that model last month. There may be stock left in a few stores, but it's no longer sold new online by Amazon. For more information, here's the Amazon product page for that model.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote