Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-09-2011, 12:21 AM   #1
blue lotus
blue lotus began at the beginning.

Device: none
converting e-pub to doc files

Hello everybody!
I joined your site two days ago. I don't have a reading device but reads ebooks on my computer. My OS is Windows.I have converted few e books with Calibre. but recently when I tried to convert a book in e-pub format what it gives me is some symbols mixed with English letters. I know nothing about conversions other than following explicit instructions. the book is 'sh, my dad says' by Justin Halpern. Others have recommended me that it is a funny book and I am dying to read it.Can anybody help me please?
blue lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:29 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Why are you trying to convert to DOC when you have the book as an ePub? You can read the ePub directly by using Calibre's ebook viewer or any other ebook reading program.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue lotus View Post
Hello everybody!
I joined your site two days ago. I don't have a reading device but reads ebooks on my computer. My OS is Windows.I have converted few e books with Calibre. but recently when I tried to convert a book in e-pub format what it gives me is some symbols mixed with English letters. I know nothing about conversions other than following explicit instructions. the book is 'sh, my dad says' by Justin Halpern. Others have recommended me that it is a funny book and I am dying to read it.Can anybody help me please?
What Manichean said
another option is get the EPUBReader plugin for Firefox (you do use Firefox which is available for all platforms, just like Calibre ) ) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=211
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote