Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Nook Color Background Formatting

I use Calibre to do a little tweaking to my files for general formatting and I recently picked up a Nook Color. The publisher default view settings, which displays the file as I have formatted it, on the Nook uses a standard off white background and I really like the Sepia color option. However, using Sepia loses my default formats so I've been attempting to change the file background color with the following CSS:

body {background-color:#FCF7D9;
color:#000000;
}

It works, with the exception of a thin strip along the top of the page where the book title and page number are displayed. This part of the page displays in the default off white background color. Does anyone know if it's possible to change that as well? I'm guessing it's another option I need to add to the CSS with the same color parameters, but I'm not sure what it might be. Any help would be appreciated. I've added a screen capture to show what I mean.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10-12-06-2.png
Views:	401
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	62420  

Last edited by Mr. Goodbar; 12-06-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I very much doubt if the CSS will help you here. That bit you mention displayed at the top is not part of the ebook, but is inserted by the nook reading software. Therefore if this can be fixed I would expect it to be a nook setting somewhere.
itimpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert