Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-21-2021, 12:37 PM   #1
Lung Bing
Lung Bing began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I want to open a library at the last book I used.

I have a lot of books and have two libraries indexed by author's surnames, A to M, N to Z. When I'm flipping between them Calibre always opens the library at the first book, whereas I want it to open at the last book I looked at in that library. Is this possible? Thanks very much.
Lung Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
'Looked at': No! There is no 'look history' like Edit or View (those have a 'Recent" under file, but not an auto-open on launch

You can configure how Calibre Sorts at startup: (so books added are shown recent to oldest)
Preferences: Tweaks"
Code:
ID: sort_columns_at_startup

Provide a set of columns to be sorted on when calibre starts. The argument is None if saved sort history is to be used otherwise it is a list of column,order pairs. Column is the lookup/search name, found using the tooltip for the column Order is 0 for ascending, 1 for descending. For example, set it to [('authors',0),('title',0)] to sort by title within authors.
You can Apply a VL at startup
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2021, 05:04 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lung Bing View Post
I have a lot of books and have two libraries indexed by author's surnames, A to M, N to Z. When I'm flipping between them Calibre always opens the library at the first book, whereas I want it to open at the last book I looked at in that library. Is this possible? Thanks very much.
Yes

The JobSpy optional plugin has an Update Last-Viewed Custom Column Automatically feature, it stores a timestamp in a custom column (e.g. #last_read/Last Read). The setting is at the bottom of the plugin's Configuration dialogue.

If you sort on that column descending it should give you what you want.

See Index of plugins

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 03:29 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
And, why do you have two libraries -- A to M and N to Z?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote