Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 09-29-2021, 12:24 PM   #1
DickD
DickD began at the beginning.

Device: Multiple
Preparing for First Read

Not sure if I've put this in the right place.

I recently had to reinstall Caliber (and everything else!) on my laptop. I had backups of the library and config data and it's working except for one issue.

Every time I open any book at all it says it's "Preparing for first read", even if I've just opened it and closed it.

Clearly I've botched something. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
DickD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 02:04 PM   #2
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Windows or Linux?
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2021, 09:24 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try changing the location of the calibre cache directory (this is where the "prepared" books are stored). You can do that by setting the CALIBRE_CACHE_DIRECTORY environmnet variable as described here: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cus...ment-variables
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 08:40 AM   #4
DickD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
Windows or Linux?
Sorry, should have noted that it's Windows.
Old 09-30-2021, 09:02 AM   #5
DickD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Try changing the location of the calibre cache directory (this is where the "prepared" books are stored). You can do that by setting the CALIBRE_CACHE_DIRECTORY environmnet variable as described here: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cus...ment-variables
Thank you very much. That works, but one more question. Do I need to copy data from the default cache to the new cache folder I've specified to as above? If so, where is the default?
Advert
Old 09-30-2021, 10:52 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No you dont, cached data is rebuilt if deleted.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote