Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-11-2021, 07:47 PM   #1
buellie
buellie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Yes/No

any way to have a yes/no column if any book is sent to a kindle the yes/no field would be automatically set to Yes

thanks
buellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 05:43 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by buellie View Post
any way to have a yes/no column if any book is sent to a kindle the yes/no field would be automatically set to Yes
You might be able to do it with the Action Chains plugin ==>> Index of plugins

Ask in the AC thread

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2021, 05:52 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by buellie View Post

thanks
You can use the Reading List plugin to populate your Y/N column based on the eBooks on your Kindle. I do this with the Reading List plugin. You can also add eBooks to a list to be added to your Kindle when you plug in your Kindle to your Calibre library. It's a very useful plugin.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 12:35 AM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can use the Reading List plugin to populate your Y/N column based on the eBooks on your Kindle..
I found Reading List to have some weird behaviour when it came to booleans - sometimes it clears the value instead of setting it to no.

So I have an action chain to either send directly to device (if connected) or add to the send-to-device reading list (if not connected) and then set the #onkobo boolean - y is on device, n is on device but not up-to-date (fanfics with new chapters), undefined is not on device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-08-14 01_31_02-Add actions.png
Views:	224
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	188687

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-14-2021 at 12:44 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 06:41 PM   #5
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
You could share this configuration.
I don't know if in this thread or in complement thread.
Very interesting !!
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2021, 07:42 PM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
You could share this configuration.
I don't know if in this thread or in complement thread.
Very interesting !!
Here it is.

It likely won't work out of the box - the first two actions, in particular, are templates that rely heavily on custom columns. Either fix those or delete them - you'd want to look at "update #kobocoll" anyways because I highly doubt we use the same Kobo shelves. It should be easy enough to follow but if you need help pop over to this thread.

For step #3 ("send to device if device is connected"), unless you're using an Aura HD like me you'll want to change the condition to use your actual device name. So plug in your device and do this:

Name:	2021-08-15 20_36_33-Add actions.png
Views:	113
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	188717

Name:	2021-08-15 20_34_35-Evaluate Condition.png
Views:	105
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	188718

Step #4 might be invalid if you don't call your reading list exactly "Send to Device." So just fix it. If you haven't already got that reading list, here's my settings:

Name:	2021-08-15 20_43_52-Customize Reading List.png
Views:	110
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	188719

The last step also uses a template - related to the fanfic thing earlier. If a book's already got #onkobo set to 'yes' and I run the chain on it, it changes to 'no'.

Then after it's on device I have a different chain to do a few things (refresh the ToC on the device, re-upload the cover) and set it back to 'yes.'

Chances you won't need something like that - I have it almost exclusively for fanfic with new chapters. So you might want to remove the template and change that to a predefined yes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SendToDevice.zip (5.9 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-15-2021 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-15-2021, 08:39 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I found Reading List to have some weird behaviour when it came to booleans - sometimes it clears the value instead of setting it to no.

So I have an action chain to either send directly to device (if connected) or add to the send-to-device reading list (if not connected) and then set the #onkobo boolean - y is on device, n is on device but not up-to-date (fanfics with new chapters), undefined is not on device.

Attachment 188687
But if you want to know what eBook are on your device, no or clear works as long as yes is correct.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 09:42 PM   #8
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

If you want to get extra-fancy, you can use custom column icons to override the standard checkboxes/red x's. I also do it for my #read column.

Name:	2021-08-15 22_36_59-Window.png
Views:	76
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	188720
Old 08-16-2021, 11:53 AM   #9
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Here it is.

It likely won't work out of the box - the first two actions, in particular, are templates that rely heavily on custom columns. Either fix those or delete them - you'd want to look at "update #kobocoll" anyways because I highly doubt we use the same Kobo shelves. It should be easy enough to follow but if you need help pop over to this thread.

For step #3 ("send to device if device is connected"), unless you're using an Aura HD like me you'll want to change the condition to use your actual device name. So plug in your device and do this:

Attachment 188717

Attachment 188718

Step #4 might be invalid if you don't call your reading list exactly "Send to Device." So just fix it. If you haven't already got that reading list, here's my settings:

Attachment 188719

The last step also uses a template - related to the fanfic thing earlier. If a book's already got #onkobo set to 'yes' and I run the chain on it, it changes to 'no'.

Then after it's on device I have a different chain to do a few things (refresh the ToC on the device, re-upload the cover) and set it back to 'yes.'

Chances you won't need something like that - I have it almost exclusively for fanfic with new chapters. So you might want to remove the template and change that to a predefined yes.
Thanks ! for sharing, very well explained
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote