Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-26-2021, 12:03 PM   #6586
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Are you using the latest test version?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=6583
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 02:18 PM   #6587
Ytierian
Old Computer Hack
Ytierian began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, Galaxy A51, Oscal Pad-70
Well, FFN is at it again.

Error : cloudscraper reports: (Detected a Cloudflare version 2 challenge, This feature is not available....)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1328927...ony-Reimagined
Ytierian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:09 PM   #6588
Durabys
Durabys began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite w/Calibre Companion+ReadEra
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I'm able to download https://www.alternatehistory.com/for...-italy.516983/ also.

I would suspect wrong user/pass, or perhaps you have two factor auth/Two-step verification turned on (which FFF can't do)?

FYI, as a new user, mobileread may require your posts to be moderated before they appear. You don't need to post repeatedly.

It's sub-optimal, but otherwise ad bots take over.
Works! Thank you!
Durabys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:31 PM   #6589
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytierian View Post
Well, FFN is at it again.

Error : cloudscraper reports: (Detected a Cloudflare version 2 challenge, This feature is not available....)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1328927...ony-Reimagined
That error's been around since June or July.

FFN looks like they've put their site into under-attack mode - Flaresolverr isn't working for me at the moment, got some timeout errors. Browser cache still ought to work if nothing else does.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-26-2021 at 04:27 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 03:33 PM   #6590
dwraith0877
dwraith0877 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Are you using the latest test version?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=6583
yes... I downloaded and installed it as well as the latest calibre update before trying it again, just before I posted the first post...
dwraith0877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 04:59 PM   #6591
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwraith0877 View Post
yes... I downloaded and installed it as well as the latest calibre update before trying it again, just before I posted the first post...
I'm able to download a couple of those stories using the latest test version.

Keep in mind that: FFF only supports the 'Classic' theme and FFF does not support two-factor authentication.
Old 10-27-2021, 07:46 AM   #6592
milford833
milford833 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post

FFN looks like they've put their site into under-attack mode - Flaresolverr isn't working for me at the moment, got some timeout errors. Browser cache still ought to work if nothing else does.
It is also asking for capcha when using ffd as well.
milford833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:40 AM   #6593
DandalfTheWhite
DandalfTheWhite began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Hey, I ran into this as a potential source for fics: https://www.fictionalley-archive.org/stories -- 29,952 old backed-up fics there. Not sure it has the bandwidth or whatever of other sites but a great archive with a lot of classic Harry Potter fics. I think Fiction Alley is going to be imported into AO3 via Open Doors eventually, but the process has dragged a bit since it was announced in 2018. I have heard it is still in progress and they are working on it.

Thanks as ever for FanFicFare!
DandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 11:17 AM   #6594
Ytierian
Old Computer Hack
Ytierian began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, Galaxy A51, Oscal Pad-70
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post

FFN looks like they've put their site into under-attack mode - Flaresolverr isn't working for me at the moment, got some timeout errors.
Off-and-on since earlier - but Jimm's been putting out updates that solve the issue when it crops up.

Quote:
Browser cache still ought to work if nothing else does.
I use FanFictionDownloader then import into Calibre with the 'Add' function.
Ytierian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 02:44 PM   #6595
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2021-10-27
- fictionalley-archive.org: Convert adapter_fictionalleyorg to adapter_fictionalleyarchiveorg.

I'm pretty sure this has been requested before. At the time, I think fictionalley.org was still 'sorta' there; and then, as you said, an AO3 transition was supposed to happen.

But I have fond memories of reading stories on fictionalley.org. So 'for old times sake', I've changed adapter_fictionalleyorg to adapter_fictionalleyarchiveorg--which was basically a complete re-write.

Along the way, I gave it more site specific metadata and options:
Spoiler:
Code:
[www.fictionalley-archive.org]
## also accepts fictionalley.org story URLs
use_basic_cache:true

## Site dedicated to these categories/characters/ships
extracategories:Harry Potter

## fictionalley-archive.org storyIds are not unique.  Combine with authorId.
output_filename: ${title}-${siteabbrev}_${authorId}_${storyId}${formatext}

## fictionalley-archive.org doesn't have a status metadatum.  If uncommented,
## this will be used for status.
#default_value_status:Unknown

## Extra metadata that this adapter knows about.  See [archiveofourown.org]
## for examples of how to use them.
extra_valid_entries:house,era,spoilers,hits

## fictionalley-archive chapters have 'date', 'words', 'hits' and
## 'summary' available for each chapter.  These can be used with
## custom output (see
## https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/wiki/CustomOutput ) or with
## chapter_title_*_pattern settings.
## Examples for html & epub:
#[html]
#tocpage_entry:
#  <a href="#section${index04}">${chapter}</a> ${date} ${words}<br />
#[epub]
#tocpage_entry:
# <a href="file${index04}.xhtml">${chapter}</a> ${date} ${words}<br /><br />

## The 'date' value for chapters mentioned above can be formated with
## datechapter_format.  Otherwise it will default to
## datePublished_format
#datechapter_format:%%Y-%%m-%%d

## fictionalley-archive.org chapters can have author notes attached to
## them.  Setting include_author_notes:true will include them with the
## chapter text.  Includes both leading and trailing notes.
#include_author_notes:false

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandalfTheWhite View Post
Hey, I ran into this as a potential source for fics: https://www.fictionalley-archive.org/stories -- 29,952 old backed-up fics there. Not sure it has the bandwidth or whatever of other sites but a great archive with a lot of classic Harry Potter fics. I think Fiction Alley is going to be imported into AO3 via Open Doors eventually, but the process has dragged a bit since it was announced in 2018. I have heard it is still in progress and they are working on it.

Thanks as ever for FanFicFare!
Old 10-27-2021, 04:22 PM   #6596
Linwe
Enthusiast
Linwe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Kindle 4
Something strange here...

Having some trouble downloading the latest chapter from a specific FFN story. Keep getting the same error message when I try to download it:
"
Status | Error
Title | How to Love a Princess
Author | WildRiverInTheSky
Comment | 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
URL | https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1389439...ove-A-Princess
"

Yes, I have the latest calibre update.
Yes, I'm using the latest FFF plugin.
Yes, I know about the ffn workaround and have been using it successfully on other stories (including this one, just not this last chapter) both before, after, and currently.
Beyond that I just don't understand what's going on with this particular link.
Linwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 04:53 PM   #6597
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

ffnet/cloudfalre is blocking more aggressively for everybody and everybody is having weird errors. No, I don't know why.

Honestly, removing support for ffnet entirely seems like a better and better idea lately.
Old 10-27-2021, 05:06 PM   #6598
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
A lot of users on Twitter are reporting ffnet issues. ... also, I found it strange that none of my ffnet fanfics updated lately. Turns out they had - the notifications just never got sent out (RSS seems to be broken too).

Thankfully the FFDL cache still works for me.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-27-2021 at 10:55 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:37 PM   #6599
darth1
darth1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
ffnet/cloudfalre is blocking more aggressively for everybody and everybody is having weird errors. No, I don't know why.

Honestly, removing support for ffnet entirely seems like a better and better idea lately.
Last time round FFnet fixed itself in a week, can there be a wait period?
darth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 07:53 AM   #6600
junni
junni began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra 2
Hello there!

Since today, i can't update metadata from website novelfull.com, because it gives me a 403 error. Anyone else with the same situation? Could it be that the site implemented some kind of new protocol?

And most importantly, can it be fixed ?
junni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction