Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-25-2021, 07:39 AM   #30301
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up by random choice: The Wrecker by Robert Louis Stevenson and Lloyd Osbourne.

Not very good so far. I'm afraid the combination seems more Lloyd Osbourne than Robert Louis Stevenson. I'm 11% into it and I think we're into the third or fourth regression into tale-telling, and I expect I'll abandon it shortly unless it miraculously improves.
I didn't abandon it, and I should have abandoned it. Very poor.

Next I read the latest Penric & Desdemona story from Lois McMaster Bujold - Knot of Shadows. As expected, as delight from start to finish, despite the tragic events.

And now I'm starting on Andy Weir's latest, Project Hail Mary.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 04:34 PM   #30302
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo WiFi, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Acer 10'' Tablet
So, I just finished Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr. It was Earth-shatteringly good. Read it now.

I am now reading Boy, Snow Bird by Helen Oyeyemi, which is also quite good. I'm 60% in.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:15 AM   #30303
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
And now I'm starting on Andy Weir's latest, Project Hail Mary.
Which was great fun. Apart from the silly title.

And now The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine by Alexander McCall Smith. The 16th in his No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series, which is set in Botswana.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote