Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2021, 01:40 PM   #1
Lady loves E ink
Lady loves E ink beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Lady loves E ink beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Lady loves E ink beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Lady loves E ink beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Lady loves E ink beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Lady loves E ink beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Lady loves E ink beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Lady loves E ink beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Lady loves E ink beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Lady loves E ink beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Lady loves E ink beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus (2019), Glowlight 3, KA1, Nook Simple Touch
Walmart Libra 2 delayed preorder

I just received email from Walmart that my preorder of the Libra 2:

We wanted to let you know that your preorder item release date has changed. The updated release date is 11/12/2021.

Please review your order details below.

We're sorry if this date change is an inconvenience. The product manufacturer controls the release date for this product and we'll ship it to you as quickly as we can once it's released.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised with the current supply situation.
Lady loves E ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 02:27 PM   #2
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Oh dear, that is a shame.

I’m sorry to hear that. Walmart are usually good at deliveries so I’m sure this is all on Kobo's side. Very frustrating though, after all the build-up to today.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 02:33 PM   #3
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Seems like Kobo was not really ready to launch these readers but wanted to react to the new Parperwhite announcement.
The Libra2 and Sage are supposed to be out today almost nobody seem to have been able to get their hand on them.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 02:37 PM   #4
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had a window open at the Sage on Walmart, and it now says 'Out of Stock'. And when I moved away from the page to do a search for the Libra 2, I noticed that they are not listing either of the new Kobos any more. The only Libra 2's still listed on Walmart are from a third-party supplier, who I guess won’t actually have them.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:02 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Very disappointing.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:03 PM   #6
JasperBeardly
Enthusiast
JasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to beholdJasperBeardly is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I went ahead and ordered a black Libra 2 from Walmart’s website on Saturday. It was through a third party seller named BlueProton. It shipped this morning by USPS-that’s US Postal Service for those outside of the US. So they do have them in stock.
JasperBeardly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 01:33 PM   #7
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperBeardly View Post
I went ahead and ordered a black Libra 2 from Walmart’s website on Saturday. It was through a third party seller named BlueProton. It shipped this morning by USPS-that’s US Postal Service for those outside of the US. So they do have them in stock.
I noticed that this seller is also selling both colors on amazon, with overnight (4-8 am) delivery for the black one, and next day delivery for the white one. It’s so very tempting, but I’m going to be strong.
Old 10-25-2021, 02:08 PM   #8
FireFrog
Enthusiast
FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle 2019, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I noticed that this seller is also selling both colors on amazon, with overnight (4-8 am) delivery for the black one, and next day delivery for the white one. It’s so very tempting, but I’m going to be strong.
I also stumbled upon their store on Ebay. Their location is listed as NY.
FireFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM   #9
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
I ordered a white Libra 2 this morning and am now worried that it won't arrive before I go on vacation in three weeks. I will be gone for two weeks and have no one who can accept delivery. What are the chances it will arrive in the next three weeks? I ordered from Kobo.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 04:13 PM   #10
FireFrog
Enthusiast
FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
I ordered a white Libra 2 this morning and am now worried that it won't arrive before I go on vacation in three weeks. I will be gone for two weeks and have no one who can accept delivery. What are the chances it will arrive in the next three weeks? I ordered from Kobo.
Well I ordered mine directly from Rakuten US last Wednesday, Oct 20th. It's scheduled for delivery on Thursday. Right now it's in Detroit UPS hub. Shipping to California.
Old 10-25-2021, 05:38 PM   #11
Robot Monkey
Robot Monkey has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Incredible, Sony PRS-505
I ordered my Libra 2 from Amazon on Friday and it arrived Saturday. I'm very pleased with it so far, and it still makes me chuckle that it came through Amazon.
Robot Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 06:00 PM   #12
FireFrog
Enthusiast

I did regret ordering from Kobo when I saw the listing on Amazon. �� I should've checked first.
Old 10-26-2021, 04:19 AM   #13
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
I ordered mine from Walmart because of how much simpler the return process is (vs Kobo whose customer support is worse than non-existent). But then this happened, so I took a chance and ordered from the 3rd party seller on Amazon. It arrived quickly and in good condition, etc. So another upvote for blueproton.
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote