Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-28-2021, 08:27 PM   #5581
J3L
J3L began at the beginning.

Device: GEB-1150, Sony PRS-505, 900, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That's a 404 page not found error. I'm able to download that story fine.

So either the site is flakey, or that's how they are choosing to implement throttling if you are downloading too fast.

I'd try setting a sleep time since that site doesn't have one in defaults:
Code:
[storiesonline.net]
slow_down_sleep_time:2
Thank you. But that doesn't work either.

Where does FFF keep personal settings so I can start with a clean slate? Just updating the plug-in keeps personal settings/data.
J3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:28 PM   #5582
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
No logpage. Actually I think there might've been a trailing slash on one of the URLs that I failed to notice.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:51 PM   #5583
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3L View Post
Thank you. But that doesn't work either.

Where does FFF keep personal settings so I can start with a clean slate? Just updating the plug-in keeps personal settings/data.
In FFF's config, under the 'Other' tab, there's a button for 'View Library preferences'.

If you select 'settings' in the left pane, you can use the 'Clear' button at the bottom to return to all default settings.

(Assuming it still works--it's not something I test very often.)
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM   #5584
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3L View Post
Any idea why for the last several weeks I am unable to download from SOL?
For instance
https://storiesonline.net/s/75558/once-upon-an-alien
gives this error message
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That's a 404 page not found error. I'm able to download that story fine.

So either the site is flakey, or that's how they are choosing to implement throttling if you are downloading too fast.

I'd try setting a sleep time since that site doesn't have one in defaults:
Code:
[storiesonline.net]
slow_down_sleep_time:2
I think this is a case of using the wrong theme on the site.

The adapter is searching the author pages for the story link. It just goes increases the page number until either the story is found, or the page cannot be retrieved. And that means the story wasn't found on the authors page. I am running with the classic theme here and it worked.

Looking at the code in the adapter, it has a catch for HTTPError and handles error code 404. This is in the method "findStoryRow". That raises a "FailedToDownload" exception with a message about the theme. This worked at some point. Or at least I assume it did as I have no idea when I last tested it. Has there been changes to how this should work?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote