Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-02-2022, 01:08 PM   #16
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
No. I like the native reader (with patches) more (and yeah, I've tried KOReader). All my books are manually edited, so there's no significant advantage for me in using KOReader.

I read kepubs on the Sage (via the extended driver) and mostly epubs on the Libra 2.
All my ebooks are in epub format converted with Calibre from Google Play and Amazon.

I just tried yesterday the native reader and the buttons don't work always. I have to try it a little bit more but I got used to KOReader. I love the status bars and how you can tweak everything.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 01:50 PM   #17
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalau View Post
All my ebooks are in epub format converted with Calibre from Google Play and Amazon.

I just tried yesterday the native reader and the buttons don't work always. I have to try it a little bit more but I got used to KOReader. I love the status bars and how you can tweak everything.
Many of mine are purchased from Amazon and Google as well. The KoboTouch Extended Driver sends a kepub copy to your Kobo while leaving only the original epub in Calibre.

There are some issues with buttons on the Sage, yes. Annoying, but not enough to make me use KOReader, which has its own issues (mostly with large books, plus the fact that I hate managing my library via a folder system instead of automatic shelves). To each their own.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 02:03 PM   #18
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Many of mine are purchased from Amazon and Google as well. The KoboTouch Extended Driver sends a kepub copy to your Kobo while leaving only the original epub in Calibre.

There are some issues with buttons on the Sage, yes. Annoying, but not enough to make me use KOReader, which has its own issues (mostly with large books, plus the fact that I hate managing my library via a folder system instead of automatic shelves). To each their own.
I will try the driver. Cheers!

I manage my library with folders synchronizing it with scp via SSH. Still didn't learn how to use the metadata with Calibre so this has been my way so far.

I don't mind KOReader sucking the battery since I read with the Sage just at home. And there are many functionalities if KOReader I love like the Book Map or the Statistics.

My only concern is the battery getting impacted.

Old 07-02-2022, 02:31 PM   #19
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
On current KOReader releases, if you enable Autostandby (In [Gear] > Device), you should be able to get similar battery life as in Nickel.

It'll still be fairly terrible, but it'll be as terrible as everywhere else, not worse .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 05:01 PM   #20
jospalau
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
On current KOReader releases, if you enable Autostandby (In [Gear] > Device), you should be able to get similar battery life as in Nickel.

It'll still be fairly terrible, but it'll be as terrible as everywhere else, not worse .
Thanks! I will definitely try it

Old 07-02-2022, 07:38 PM   #21
jospalau
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

Definitely works! But now pressing the button to turn pages is not reliable. Some time it works other I have to press it twice like it happens with the official reader.

Last edited by jospalau; 07-02-2022 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-02-2022, 09:24 PM   #22
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup, that's a kernel issue. The kernel wakes up from suspend via panel/button interrupts, but the actual input events are lost (and/or mangled into the void: given how terrible the elan code is, I wouldn't exclude any possibilities ;p).

Firm presses *may* alleviate the issue, but that may just be a feeling. Or, if you wanna feel like an idiot, shaking or tilting the device first so that it wakes up from gyro interrupts first ;p.

(And, unfortunately, the full stream is lost, we don't get *any* events, so we have no recourse from userland).

EDIT: Err, I was talking about Elan because I was confusing this with the Elipsa lost taps issues, but that's a tad more complex, because it's broken outside of power-management states, too (and possibly more complex, because there's also another bunch of issues related to taps wrongly registered as 0-pressure). But, it also exhibits the same issue when it's the wakeup source, so the general point stands. Except on the Sage it happens with physical buttons, too, but only post-PM, no lost events when the kernel is awake ;p.

TL;DR: It's still an NTX board, I wouldn't have expected a kernel without weird quirks ;p.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-03-2022 at 01:29 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 03:04 PM   #23
Joliet Jake
Zealot
Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joliet Jake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
I got tired of my Sage seeming to run out of power too fast, so I haven't charged mine up since Monday. By Friday night it dropped to 2% but simply won't hit 0%. It's 3 PM where I live and it's still going.

This morning I turned off auto-sleep. At noon I opened up the cover and turned the light to 50%, although I haven't been reading it today. Three hours later it's still at 1%.

Maybe Sages just have a power measurement problem. A serious one.
Joliet Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 09:55 AM   #24
Prepper
Connoisseur
Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanr View Post
Great to hear that Prepper. Do you keep wifi and bt on?
Sorry I took so long to respond. No, I don't keep WiFi or BT on. I only use the device as a reader so no notes, no audiobooks, nothing but reading.
Prepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 07:51 PM   #25
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I got the Sage a month ago. battery sucks but does not bother me. I am charging iphone, tablets, aple watch every day so its no big deal to charge the sage
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 09:45 PM   #26
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I got the Sage a month ago. battery sucks but does not bother me. I am charging iphone, tablets, aple watch every day so its no big deal to charge the sage
This is my thought process as well. Though the Sage doesn’t get charged as often as my iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or my JBL Charge 5 speaker, I’m already going to charge things overnight when they need charging, adding one more device doesn’t bother me. I’ve been charging ereaders longer than I’ve had most of those other products anyway.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote