Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-09-2018, 08:32 AM   #1
anghi22
anghi22 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura 2nd edition
change memory card

Hey, I tried searching but couldn't find anything so I decided to ask. Is there any way to change the sd card inside of the kobo aura 2nd edition like with the kobo glo? if so, is the procedure the same? what I am trying to avoid is me opening up my kobo only to find that the memory is not an sd card like in previous devices. thanks in advance
anghi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:21 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by anghi22 View Post
Hey, I tried searching but couldn't find anything so I decided to ask. Is there any way to change the sd card inside of the kobo aura 2nd edition like with the kobo glo? if so, is the procedure the same? what I am trying to avoid is me opening up my kobo only to find that the memory is not an sd card like in previous devices. thanks in advance
Going by the FCC filing, the Aura Edition 2 has an internal 4GB uSD card. See around page 5 on this link: NOIKBN236 Internal Photos from the FCC site.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2018, 05:09 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Unfortunately, the link to the FCC site returns
Quote:
You are not authorized to access this page.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:51 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by anghi22 View Post
From reports, and the fact that I have an image from an Aure Edition 2, there is an internal SD card. Once you open it, the process to change the card will be the same as for the Glo. I don't remember seeing any instructions for opening this particular device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:52 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Unfortunately, the link to the FCC site returns
Weird. I can't access it now either. Anyhow, I downloaded the .pdf while I was on the site. Image I was referring to in the .pdf is attached here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Internal_011.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	161413  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2018, 02:41 AM   #6
anghi22
anghi22 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura 2nd edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
From reports, and the fact that I have an image from an Aure Edition 2, there is an internal SD card. Once you open it, the process to change the card will be the same as for the Glo. I don't remember seeing any instructions for opening this particular device.
Thanks for the reply!
anghi22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo aura 2, kobo hd, sd card