Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-05-2017, 04:58 PM   #1
Christopher72
Christopher72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Kobo Aura One & Kindle Voyage, sync reading location

I own a Kindle Voyage and a Kobo Aura One. (explanation: this way I tap into two different ecosystems and both Dutch and English language books).

With Calibre as a kind of 'mediator', this all works just fine: I just sync the epubs from the database to the 2 devices.

Just one question: suppose I have made it to page 100 for a specific book on my Kobo. Would it be possible to sync this progress / location to the Kindle, so I can just continue reading that book on the Kindle where I left it on the Kobo? If possible, how do I do that?
Christopher72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:10 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Unfortunately not. There is no agreed standard for transferring progress information between devices.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2017, 05:30 PM   #3
Christopher72

Thank you itimpi. Progress / location information appears to be imported from the Kobo into Calibre. So basically, what you're saying is, that this progress / location information can not be exported into the (converted) mobi and/or metadata to the Kindle?
Old 09-05-2017, 05:50 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher72 View Post
Thank you itimpi. Progress / location information appears to be imported from the Kobo into Calibre. So basically, what you're saying is, that this progress / location information can not be exported into the (converted) mobi and/or metadata to the Kindle?
Actually, it could. But someone would have to write the plugin to do it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:22 PM   #5
Christopher72

Thank you JSWolf. Sounds like a challenge. For now, I'll just find the page I finished up with 'manually'. Thank you both for your replies.
Advert

Tags
kobo kindle read location